Open Innovation segment leads and consultants are responsible for working on the development of emerging partnership strategies and client pipelines, by identifying key business problems, analyzing client issues within it and providing recommendations to leaders on partnership development - enabling them to make the right strategic choices on a select set of innovative partners to recurringly test, deploy and service at clients.
Segment leads support the Accenture business they work with in developing differentiated analysis of the ecosystem, assessing market categories and startups, whilst providing ideas and a framework for recommendations - and ultimately Go-To-Market success. This entails working at all levels, internally and externally, with a range of different organizations and regions.
- Drive client impact and partner-related revenue growth : collaborate with Ventures' geographic leads to create and maintain a global client sales pipeline, originate and support client opportunities by developing the services business for early and follow-on client deployments
- Build a strong internal network to generate opportunities for our partner companies: Leverage close relationships with relevant executive stakeholders and collaborators to identify opportunities to spread awareness of our partner companies, with the intention to embed these players in client opportunities, account plans, or market development and asset development activities
- Originate, develop, and execute new partnerships: Collaborate with 5G startups and lead discussions with internal leadership teams to develop joint business models and client value propositions; own complex workstreams that involve collaborating with stakeholders with a range of different incentives and desired outcomes.
- Act as a strategic advisor: Act as a point of contact for our partner companies, providing initial assessments on a startups' fit to a client need
- Be an expert in 5G: Stay up to date on emerging trends, technologies, disruptors, and business models impacting Accenture's clients; leverage knowledge to inform Accenture's partnership strategy and client recommendations in the space
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (12 years) work experience (If an, Associate's Degree with 6 years of work experience)
- 10 years of consulting and/or presales experience
- Demonstrated building complex partnerships with multiple partners that resulted in high revenue growth
- Experience with developing account strategy and executing on sales plans, which involve bringing a deal from cold lead to close
- Familiarity with the 5G landscape, which includes startups to larger tech players with a 5G offerings
- Firm understanding with how consulting firms operate and its respective business models
- Ability to effectively switch between strategy and tactics, coupled with a strong sense of urgency to move sales opportunities forward
- Skilled in synthesizing information from various sources and infer practical implications to Accenture's or our clients' business
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure sales environment
- Excellent program and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present information effectively to novice and expert audiences
- Experience valued: startup founder/CxO, corporate strategy and/or consulting, corporate innovation, pre-sales or strategic partnerships / VC and PE
- Engineering degree with an MBA preferred
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.