Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Chicago (preferred) or Walnut Creek (San Francisco/Sacramento area)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Specific org paragraph (some examples...)
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. Finance professionals may also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
North America Midwest Market Unit and Accenture Federal Services Tax Planning Manager (Midwest/AFS Tax Planning Manager) will be responsible for delivering tax services to Ventures & Acquisitions (V&A) and Client Engagements for both the Midwest Market Unit and Accenture Federal Services (AFS).
This includes but is not limited to evaluating and efficiently structuring both Client Engagements and Ventures & Acquisitions, while addressing the impact of taxes across the entire deal lifecycle. The Midwest/AFS Tax Planning Manager will manage deals and work directly with client leadership teams and Accenture leadership in corporate functions (Finance, Legal, etc.) to ensure that tax objectives related to Accenture's corporate transactions are achieved.
- Manage to completion all phases of the tax support process including deal review, planning, coordination and preparation of required deliverables.
- Assist Accenture in reaching its tax and business goals through identification and mitigation of tax risks/costs and implementation of strategic tax planning solutions, including business/finance operations and integration.
- Work collaboratively with other Accenture subject matter experts (SMEs including Corporate Development and Transaction Services, Finance, Legal, HR, Treasury and Internal Procurement), project leadership teams and outside advisors to co-develop business focused tax planning solutions.
- Build positive working relationships with Accenture leadership and serve as a key business advisor on all tax related matters associated with the deal.
- Support the team with research and assist in developing solutions to manage and mitigate the implications of tax law changes.
- Remain up to date on current tax laws and practices and support research, analysis, and development of internal Accenture communications strategies for any changes that may impact a deal to Accenture project leadership teams.
- Identify and assess multi-jurisdictional tax risk levels and costs of major deals.
- Develop workplans and staffing requirements for tax support to deals.
- Meet with client deal teams and client/vendor tax department personnel (primarily virtual) as appropriate to gather requisite information and negotiate tax aspects of major deals.
- Review all applicable information for major client engagement and ventures & acquisitions deals to determine applicable legal, indirect tax, employment tax, income tax, immigration and other tax related business issues.
- Coordinate with and co-develop tax planning solutions with federal, state and local, sales & use, and employment tax teams in the US.
- Coordinate with Accenture Area Tax Leads outside the US for input from a local tax perspective and support drafting of appropriate tax guidance in response to requests.
- Draft and negotiate tax efficient terms and conditions for Accenture's contracts/legal documents.
- Communicate tax planning solutions to internal and external stakeholders and implement risk mitigation/tax planning strategies to maximize Accenture profit/return on investment.
- Communicate and present tax findings, potential impact of such findings on structure and other related tax issues with senior leadership and project teams.
- Prepare appropriate tax documentation.
- Advocate and validate compliance with internal Accenture tax policies and procedures.
- Advocate and manage engagement level utilization of global tax tools and technology.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our outside counsel and accounting firms assisting on V&A deals.
- Analyze financial models to determine the impact of tax planning ideas on income taxes payable.
- Manage strategic tax projects, including projects with other parts of the Tax group as necessary.
- Based in Chicago (preferred) or Walnut Creek (San Francisco/Sacramento area).
- Writing sample may be requested.
- Minimal or no travel required.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Minimum of 4 years of transactional tax experience in either US federal income tax technical or global indirect (transaction) tax planning in a legal, tax or accounting services firm and/or large multinational corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent course of study is required.
- Tax planning experience in either (1) mergers & acquisitions or (2) large global client service agreements in a multinational company or professional services (legal, tax, or accounting) firm environment.
- Law degree, Master of Science in Taxation (MST) or CPA preferred.
- Working knowledge of global indirect (transaction) taxes such as US sales & use, goods and services (GST), and value-added (VAT) taxes.
- Tax planning experience with both V&A and large client service agreements is preferred but is not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams), advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Outstanding teaming and English language communication skills (verbal and written).
- Self-starter with the ability and confidence to work well in an unstructured, dynamic environment and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks to completion.
- Has led a team.
- Ability to gather, assimilate, analyze and summarize information on Accenture transactions from multiple sources. Specifically, read, analyze, and interpret tax and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Customer focused with ability to quickly respond to inquiries.
- Effectively present/communicate tax technical topics to client engagement, finance teams and other non-tax professionals.
- Keen attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
CA - Walnut Creek,IL - Chicago