Network Security Engineer - Cyber Security Services
- Washington, DC
Career Path: Client Delivery & Operations
Job Title: Cyber Security Services Engineer
Location: Metro DC
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what's possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
Accenture Security helps organizations prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. Cybersecurity challenges are different for every business in every industry. Leveraging our global resources and advanced technologies, we create integrated, turnkey solutions tailored to our clients' needs across their entire value chain. Whether we're defending against known cyberattacks, detecting and responding to the unknown, or running an entire security operations center, we will help companies build cyber resilience to grow with confidence. Our team of the security sector's brightest people use the coolest tech to out-hack the hackers and help clients build resilience from within. We blend risk strategy, digital identity, cyber defense, application security and managed service solutions to rethink the entire security lifecycle.
We are currently looking for professionals for our Cyber Security Services aka "CSS" practice with extensive experience in the following:
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Desire to work in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment
Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Can apply deep security skills to design, build and protect enterprise systems, applications, data, assets and people for Accenture and our clients
The Work (Role Responsibility)
Secondary Responsibilities Include
Here's What You Need (Basic Qualifications)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an operational environment with client-facing responsibilities
- Minimum of 2 years of experience understanding of the cyber security threat landscape which include detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
- Minimum of 2 years of IT security experience -ideally focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and/or working with cyber threat intelligence
- Minimum of 2 years of experience Linux Red Hat
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and thorough understanding of how to identify malicious activity within a network
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in performing break fix analysis
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in computer networking, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols .
Bonus Points If (Preferred Skills)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Consistently high levels of teamwork and professionalism.
- Passion for cyber security, learning, and knowledge sharing
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners.
- A solid foundation in Linux fundamentals.
- A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols
- Knowledge of identified operating system platforms; knowledge of routers, network protocols, scripting
- Security certifications: CISSP, security+, network+, Linux+ and CCNA
- Hands-on experience with market-leading security products, including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX)
- A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols .
- Experience in user behavior analytics tools and investigation
- Experience in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and Network Forensic tools
** Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture. Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Locations DC,DC - Washington
Back to top