Organization: Corporate Functions/Geographic Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
The Metro DC Local Market Support plays a key role in the Metro DC location. The position will support efforts that drive our local operations, engage our people, and build our image. They will be responsible for supporting the contributions to our local presence and function as a key member managing and executing various local office initiatives. Primarily the role will be working closely with local Accenture Workplace Solutions, Marketing, HR, Corporate Citizenship, and Employee Resource Group Leads to engage our people, and manage local operations to achieve a positive location experience.
The Metro DC Local Market Support is a visible leader with our people.
- Employee Experience
- Manage and execute employee engagement programs to enhance employment experience
- Location Operations
- Manage and support the execution of internal operations activities
- Local Market Development and Corporate Citizenship/Corporate Social Responsibility
- Support activities as needed across external community and philanthropy areas
- Internal Communications: Managing internal communications for the location, including the end-to-end process, approvals, content creation, and publishing.
- Budget Management: Execute forecast and spend tracking for location budget(s).
- Employee Resource Group Oversight: Serve as the support resource and location team liaison for the Employee Resource Groups including budget tracking, charge code assignments, and other support as needed.
- Event Production: Serve as a project manager for select location events and meetings with responsibility over scheduling, communications, creative and content development, and planning and execution.
- Metro DC City Council: Plan, execute, and staff City Council quarterly meetings.
- Table Manager: Serve as table manager and support relationship manager activities for key external community organizations, including filling attendees for select external events
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years Accenture Experience
- Minimum of 2 years business experience
- Business Process Design
- Change Management
- Operations Management
- Program and Project Management
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.