Media Relations Manager
Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing and Communications
Location: San Francisco, CA
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth.
The Accenture Technology and Operations Media Relations Manager leads and directs integrated global media relations efforts for both Accenture Technology and Accenture Operations by leveraging major marketing initiatives, thought leadership, successful client engagements, alliance partners, and the expertise of Accenture's senior management in relevant areas across technology and operations.
The individual is responsible for: (a) improving the focus, quality and frequency of media coverage; (b) strengthening Accenture's approach to managing its interaction with the media; (c) ensuring that media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives; (d) developing and disseminating messages and executing media programs that leverage synergies across other Accenture business areas and operating groups; and (e) improving Accenture's external profile within the areas supported by our Technology and Operations businesses.
This manager must be able to interpret strategic direction and vision communicated by key leadership to identify media objectives and established clear metrics for the fiscal year. They will be tasked to conceive and execute strategic communications campaigns designed to educate and condition the market for opportunities that help to drive Accenture's business, while working closely with integrated Technology and Operations marketing teams and Corporate Communications colleagues.
- Develop and manage relationships with key reporters in relevant markets/geographies served by Technology and Operations.
- Coordinate with business area marketing leads and relevant business executives to develop media strategies, content and appropriate tactics designed to generate maximum media impact in support of business objectives.
- Manage the development and application of the business areas' marketing team's messages, as well as major Accenture marketing initiatives, best client engagements and the expertise of Accenture's senior management, and tailor appropriately for media.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications on all engagements, situations or circumstances that could result in negative media coverage.
- Identify parties who need to be involved either directly or indirectly on media opportunities and activities (e.g., cross-OG or cross-GP, local image, capability groups, etc.)
- Manage agency and internal resources in support of media relations activities.
- Write and edit news releases, working closely with relevant marketing leads, client engagement teams and other senior executives, client contacts, others as appropriate.
- Serve as subject matter expert in media relations and communications for others inside Accenture.
- Team with operating group, business area and local country media team peers, as needed.
- Share content and information with media team peers to drive stories into the geographies and local marketplace, leverage use of core materials and ensure consistency of messages.
- Brief relevant senior executives and media team members on media issues related to the key business areas with Technology and Operations.
- Tailor corporate messages, as appropriate, to the business areas.
- Coach/train designated senior spokespersons and others representing the company externally on effective interactions with the media.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top