Marketing & Communications Associate Director, Midwest Region
Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing and Communications
Location: Chicago, IL
Level: 5 - Associate Director
Bring your big ideas and marketing expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, our teams work closely with clients to improve the way the world works and lives. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you'll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you'll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You'll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Marketing & Communications Associate Director, Midwest Region
The role of the Marketing & Communications Associate Director, Midwest Region is to design, develop and execute an integrated marketing and communications plan to help grow Accenture's business in the North America Midwest Region including Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, and St. Louis. To achieve this, the individual will be responsible for positioning Accenture as a leading local company while building consideration for our capabilities across target clients, recruits, and employees. The individual will also be responsible for helping Accenture build connections in and becoming part of the fabric of the local communities within the region and positioning our executives as business leaders and experts in those communities among G2000 company executives, the media, key government leaders, ecosystem partners, important local business networking associations and non-profits.
This person will lead a cross-functional Marketing & Communications team spread across the region. Overall, the position reports to the Senior Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – North America and is accountable to Regional Managing Director – Midwest and Midwest Region Leadership Council for all aspects of geographic Marketing & Communications in the Midwest. These activities are grouped into five key areas:
- Creating the Marketing & Communications strategy and directing the design and execution of all marketing activities across the client, candidate, employee and influencer marketing efforts.
- Building the profiles of our key leaders within the region by leveraging prime media relations opportunities as well as social media, digital, and face-to-face opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with the local office, industry and Accenture business Marketing & Communications leads across all parts of our of business within the Midwest region to drive strong client engagement and drive preference for Accenture.
- Overseeing local recruitment marketing activities—building the employer brand and supporting our hiring needs.
- Directing the design and execution of programs to help our leadership communicate with our employees.
- Leading the Function
- Represent Marketing & Communications on the Regional Leadership Council for the Midwest Region.
- Work with Midwest Region Managing Director and Office Managing Directors to define key Marketing & Communications priorities across the region.
- Chair the Midwest Marketing leadership team comprising all senior marketers based in the region to drive integration across all aspects of Marketing & Communications.
- Actively contribute to the talent management strategy for the Marketing & Communications community in the region including input into priority setting and performance achievement for the Midwest Geographic Marketing & Communications leads.
- Involvement in the hiring and training of all new Geographic Marketing & Communications professionals in the Midwest.
- Drive a sense of community for all Marketing & Communications professionals within the region and help accelerate and improve training and coaching for all Midwest Region Marketing & Communications professionals.
- Participate in the North America Marketing & Communications leadership team, contributing to the overall North America geographic marketing strategy and liaising with the other Region Marketing & Communications leads to share best practices.
- External Communications Program
- Work closely with the regional media relations lead drive all media relations programs in the region, including proactive media outreach, reactive media inquiries and crisis communications issues.
- Maximize the visibility of the Regional Managing Director – Midwest with regional tier one media and influential local media outlets including print, broadcast, digital and social media.
- Facilitate the relationship building process with key governmental officials – governors, senate and house representatives, mayors, city council representatives, etc.
- Assess and capitalize on the business value of local/regional sponsorship, speaking and event opportunities to position Accenture as a business leader in the five Midwest region markets.
- Collaborate with the Global Issues Management team, North America and regional media relations leads to counsel leadership on crisis communications.
- Client Experience Program
- Oversee local image plans for each key Midwest city to build Accenture's reputation and differentiate Accenture in the market.
- Increase penetration of G2000 clients and targets by devising disruptive Marketing & Communications strategies that help to expand our share of wallet with those companies.
- Ensure local image programs support the strategic priorities of Accenture (as guided locally by the Regional Managing Director, Regional Leadership Council, and the Marketing & Communications leadership team).
- Collaborate with the industry and Accenture business marketing teams to drive strong client programs across our targets clients—ensuring program objectives are integrated with geographic, industry, Accenture business and corporate marketing objectives.
- Relationship Development Program
- Oversee the design and execution of effective, targeted relationship development efforts that bring our leaders together with senior client executives (from large events to individualized one-on-one opportunities).
- Build/sustain relationships with key local business associations and non-profit organizations to help our local leaders secure board positions and committee memberships that will weave our leaders (and Accenture) into the fabric of the community.
- Collaborate with industry and Accenture business Marketing & Communications professionals to bring relevant subject matter experts to key clients when they are in market thereby optimizing their visits to meet business development goals.
- Ensure successful implementation of national Inclusion & Diversity programs at the local level that bring together our clients and Accenture executives, demonstrating our commitment to building a truly inclusive workforce.
- Candidate Experience Program
- Develop local recruitment marketing strategy and design recruitment marketing programs in line with the recruitment goals of the full portfolio of the business.
- Ensure recruitment marketing programs are innovative and cut through the cloud of our competitors operating in the region.
- Attract the best talent and achieve recruitment business goals.
- Employee Experience Program
- Develop local internal communications strategy and design programs aligned with that strategy to optimize the employee experience and develop an environment of a great place to work.
- Advise on an internal communications approach to contribute to the engagement and retention of our best talents, aligning these programs with the communication goals of the overall company strategy.
- Be accountable for the delivery of differentiated and disruptive marketing programs for Accenture in the Midwest region.
- Optimize marketing spend by directing investment to the most impactful Marketing & Communications programs.
- Brief and involve the Midwest Region Leadership team in all marketing programs, goals and objectives, as well as on Corporate Communications issues.
- Seek and assess input from the regional and local leadership teams on local image strategy and programs.
- Ensure all local image programs within the region are appropriately resourced and executed.
- Reports to: Senior Managing Director – Marketing & Communications – North America. Takes input from Regional Managing Director and Regional Leadership Council.
- Directly Supervises: All regional geographic Marketing & Communications professionals.
- Collaborates with: Other resident Marketing & Communications professionals within the region.
- External Relationships: Third party vendors, suppliers, agencies and media.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top