Liquid Studios - IoT Cloud Specialist
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Liquid Studios will be located in various cities where Accenture has a high concentration of clients who need software developers they can work with face-to-face, using Agile methods of delivery.
This studio is based in Redwood City, CA (Silicon Valley area.)
Liquid Studio residents and client guests collaborate on development of â€new ITâ€ solutions using liquid software development techniques, beginning with rapid prototyping and construction of business applications, and applying the latest in design thinking and Agile approaches to interactively assemble adaptive applications from modular, proven components. Teams will work in small groups of up to 10 software engineers.
Liquid Studios will also be able to take advantage of global centers of innovation (such as Silicon Valley) to attract talent and creative energy from the ecosystem, creating an osmotic effect for experimentation using new tools and approaches and fostering an environment where new styles of working are combined with real-world challenges of building applications for the digital era.
Liquid Studio teams will also be able to tap into the power of Accentureâ€™s broader ecosystem partnerships, Global Delivery Network and Accenture Digital capabilities. We have more than a decade of experience in Agile and DevOps along with Accenture tools and assets that can be leveraged to enable continuous liquid delivery.
We offer the best in people, process and technology to help clients jumpstart their digital journey and turn ideas into minimum viable products. We use creative processes and harness emerging technologies to develop offerings around: Analytics & Machine Learning, IoT & Connected Devices, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and more.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams, rather than lone thinkers. We are all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
A well-rounded developer who can quickly pivot and utilize concepts from unfamiliar areas of research to further improve solutions in industry
Explore and define new solutions within the research agenda of the innovation team.
Implement and execute projects in a rapid prototyping center.
- Ability to quickly consume and utilize the latest advancements in the areas of IoT, Software Development, and Infrastructure.
- Build on ideas and directions provided by leads and stakeholders to achieve high quality deliverables.
- Build on concepts in a very dynamic environment and be highly differentiated technology experts both internally and externally.
- Seek and nurture collaborative development between other company groups, partner companies, and external vendors
- Actively participate in the innovation community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Collaborate with other teams within the innovation center to deliver best of breed solutions
- Actively participate and serve in the development community (e.g., reusable platforms, hackathons, new IoT modules, etc.).
- Act as Subject Matter Advisor in a domain area
- Participate in projects as a representative of the innovation center within the IoT space
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor to one or more ongoing projects relating to IoT from a functional, technical or business area of expertise
- Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Actively contribute to Accenture points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
- Serve as reviewer, collaborator, and advisor to others in the Studios for IoT related material
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations for internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with the engineering teams in partner groups within the company
- Build relationships with vendor teams
- Actively contribute to the technology community and progressively establish him/herself as a technology expert
- Help establish engineering standards and best practices in the IoT team and for the center as a whole; Understand and apply software development best practices
- Supervise and mentor more junior developers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes â€" bringing concepts to initial implementations â€" including design, coding to testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clientsâ€™ needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clientsâ€™ environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the innovation center
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum 2 yearsâ€™ experience (Masterâ€™s Degree) or Minimum of 3 yearsâ€™ experience (Bachelorâ€™s Degree) of application development with experience using 2 or more programming languages; such as Python, Java, Node, C, etc.
- Bachelorâ€™s or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with one or more IoT platforms; such as AWS IoT, Azure IoT, Thingworx, etc.
- Familiarity with communication protocols such as RFID, BLE, Zigbee, Zwave, etc.
- Experience with data ingestion and pub/sub architecture (e.g. MQTT, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Familiarity with Dev Ops using tools such as GIT
- Comfort with design and evaluation of technology and deployment architecture
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Network experience
- Security experience
- Cloud Infrastructure knowledge (e.g. AWS environment, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Industry experience at an IoT company
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top