Internal Audit – Information Technology Specialist
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Chicago, IL
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
- The Internal Auditor performs audit projects in accordance with Accenture's audit methodology and The Institute of Internal Auditors' ("IIA") International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The Internal Auditor – Information Technology focuses on audit projects that involve cyber/data security, computer operations, and IT compliance.
- The Internal Auditor effectively executes a wide range of Internal Audit activities in a high quality and timely manner. In their role, they perform activities that include planning and developing work programs, identifying recommendations for continuous improvement in global processes and controls, communicating results, and following up on issues reported. They are also responsible for audit strategy development, organization risk assessment/planning, and completion of special requests for Accenture Management and the Audit Committee.
Depending on the role/organization the Internal Auditor – Information Technology belongs to and their career level, some or all of the following key responsibilities will apply:
- Participates in the detailed execution and communication of the risk-based work plan, including Accenture Management and Audit Committee special project requests.
- Verifies the adequacy of information technology (IT) operating procedures of the company through a systemic program of audits.
- Assists in development of the Company's annual audit plan and schedule.
- Completes audit work, including audit work plan, work papers, findings, and associated reports.
- Prepares audit reports and work papers to ensure adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Conducts IT integrated audits with operational, compliance, financial, and investigative audit teams, as assigned.
- Identifies, recommends, and reports improvement opportunities for global processes and controls.
- As appropriate, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement of technology, security, financial, and other processes and evaluation of organization-driven risk.
- Manages auditee relationship, including facilitating meetings, discussions of findings, and presenting draft and final reports in a professional manner.
- Prepares well-written and timely audit reports and high quality presentations for leadership and board level reporting.
- Develops audit skills and establishes/maintains relationships related to the risk areas assigned.
- Contributes to appropriate skilling of the IA team (e.g., recruiting, training and development, coaching/mentoring, providing career growth opportunities).
- Keeps abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in technology and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws.
This role description reflects Management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top