Internal Audit Finance & Operations Specialist
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The Internal Auditor performs audit projects in accordance with Accenture's audit methodology and The Institute of Internal Auditors' ("IIA") International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing . The Internal Auditor - Finance & Operations focuses on audit projects that involve accounting, finance, compliance, and operational processes.
The Internal Auditor effectively executes a wide range of Internal Audit activities in a high-quality and timely manner. In their role, they perform activities that include planning and developing work programs, identifying recommendations for continuous improvement in global processes and controls, communicating results, and following up on issues reported. They are also responsible for audit strategy development, organization risk assessment/planning, and completion of special requests for Accenture Management and the Audit Committee. Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in, and in some cases supervising, the planning, execution, and communication of the risk-based work plan, including Accenture Management and Audit Committee special project requests, and operational, IT, compliance, financial, and investigative audits
- Preparing well-written work papers and timely audit reports to ensure adequate documentation exists to support audit conclusions
- Identifying, recommending, and reporting opportunities for continuous improvement in global accounting, finance, IT, and other processes and controls
- Managing auditee relationships, including facilitating meetings, discussing findings, and presenting draft and final reports in a professional, high quality manner to leadership and board level audiences
- Contributing to appropriate skilling of the IA team (e.g., recruiting, training and development, coaching/mentoring, providing career growth opportunities)
- Leading and possessing confidence to interact with all levels, set objectives, and drive results
- Navigating through ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments simultaneously, and accepting ownership and accountability of the process and delivering on commitments
- Keeping abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws
+ Basic qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Finance (including Accounting, External Audit, and/or Internal Audit)
- Masters of Accountancy Degree
- Past experience leading / in-charging external or internal audits, or similar projects
- Completion of at least one of the below certifications is expected within 12 months of hire:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Accounting (CA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Other relevant financial or auditing certifications
- Big 4 external auditing experience highly recommended
- Strong working knowledge of financial, operational, compliance, and systems auditing techniques
- Sarbanes-Oxley project experience, familiarity with Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) framework.
- Foreign language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven management and organizational skills
- Ability to train, develop, and motivate team members
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top