Infrastructure/Application Operation Transition Lead
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
IT Operations professionals support infrastructure operations and/or manage delivery for IT production systems and services based on operational requirements and service agreements.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Adapts existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
Uses own judgment to determines optimal solution to recommend.
Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor or teams leads. Generally interacts with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal guidance.
Decisions often impact the team in which they reside and occasionally impact other teams.
Manages medium-small sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
The Service Introduction lead will be responsible for ensuring the transitioned service has been developed to meet operational requirements. Ensure the support organization can to commit to a Service Level Agreement for the transitioned service from day one of operations and any associated delivery organizations can commit to Operational Level Agreements for the transitioned service from day one of operations.
- Serve as a liaison between the Architecture, engineering, PMO and the operation groups, ensuring that operation group needs and expectations are met by the projects
- Manage all service introduction tasks and resources, providing timely feedback.
- Ensure that all requirements, service introduction plans, and commitment changes are communicated to all affected team members.
- Resolve issues, escalating to senior management as appropriate.
- Obtain buy-in from stakeholders for all key service plans and commitments.
- Governance of ITIL disciplines ensuring compliance to industry and internal audit controls are met
- Up-to-date awareness and compliance to global processes, delivering a common consistent approach to our customers and enabling trending, effective reporting and removal of repeat or poor quality issues. Proactive participate and feedback into global processes as part of a continuous improvement program
- The creation of and maintenance, deployment and institutionalization of all Service Management processes/procedures/ documentation/tools/templates and reports
- Coordinate the review of all product and service work products to ensure operability.
- Work with the operations architect and build team to model the service and understand operational requirements.
- Participate in quality management reviews to assess the operability of the developer's solution.
- Manage the development of acceptance criteria, to assess the operability of the developed solution.
- Document the required service design work products.
- Review and be responsible for the overall development and integration of support requirements for the product or service.
- Establish an overall implementation plan to include the necessary activities to prepare the organization for service operations.
- Define and implement a post go-live support model to augment the steady state organization immediately following go-live.
- Ensure that the operating group can fulfill the contract and meet the sponsor's expectations.
- Ability to develop and manage all aspects of the service introduction effort, including plans, interdependencies, schedule, budget, tools, and required personnel
- Ability to document and communicate the progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
- Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards
- Ability to identify, clarify, and resolve issues and risks, escalating as needed
- Ability to present to senior management within the client and our organization
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of Project Management experience
- Minimum of 4 years of e xperience of delivering projects within at least two of the following areas
- Hardware, Storage and Backup
- Unix and Linux
- Windows Servers
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience delivering with offshore delivery centers
- Operations Management
- ITIL v.3.0
- Service Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Service Excellence
- Cost Management
- Operational Excellence
- Resource Management
- Accenture Delivery Methods
- Accenture Delivery Tools
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) Management
- Business Process - IT Alignment
Professional Skill Requirements
Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment Desire to work in an information systems environment Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills Excellent leadership and management skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top