Infrastructure Engineering Architect - Manager (Cloud/Virtualiuzation/Migration)
The digital revolution is changing everything, transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices - Interactive, Mobility and Analytics. Accenture Interactive helps the world's leading brands delight their customers and deliver superior business performance and customer experiences. As part of Accenture Interactive Delivery, you'll balance art and science to create award-winning digital experiences for today's connected consumers through integrated and dynamic solutions that incorporate strategy, marketing, creative and technology.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for migrating infrastructure and solutions of Accenture Digital's acquisitions to Accenture's hosting platforms. As member of the Digital Infrastructure and Operations Engineering team work with engineering resources from the acquired companies to execute a hosting migration plan. This role will have responsibility maintaining the infrastructure of Accenture Digital's managed private cloud and associated development operations solutions across multiple datacenters.
In addition, the Infrastructure Engineer will:
- Provide assistance to engineering resources of companies acquired by Accenture Digital with the migration of infrastructure and solutions in manor that meets security and policy requirements.
- Provision new infrastructure to the migration of solutions from an acquired companies' infrastructure.
- Provide ongoing engineering support to a part or to the whole of a technical infrastructure (e.g. application servers, security, networks, etc.)
- Maintain and service automation, tools and process to consistent with SLA's for delivery of managed hosting services.
- Manage service requests with managed hosting vendors to ensure delivery of offerings and services.
- Interface with Accenture service providers to address security and policy discrepancies.
- Ensure services are delivered in a manner consistent with security and policy requirements.
- Interface with acquired companies engineering resources across multiple projects and acquisition work streams.
- Execute infrastructure and solution migrations consistent with a hosting migration blueprint.
- Ensure solutions meet Accenture security and policy requirements as part of the hosting migration process.
- Provide transitional support to acquired companies' infrastructure engineering teams facilitating integration into the Accenture hosting ecosystem.
- Create and update infrastructure and technology related documentation and training materials.
- Support Digital Infrastructure and Operations (DIO) leadership with budget control.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce cost within the Digital Managed Private Cloud hosting solution.
- Provide day to day administrative support, work requests and helpdesk level 2 escalated support using internal service desk system through troubleshooting and implementing known fixes for engineering environments and/or general infrastructure related items
- Conduct trend analysis with a focus on proactive identification of events/issues that threaten performance and a consistent and timely resolution and documentation.
- Install, configure, patch, maintain, and allocate appropriate technologies (e.g. software, servers/databases/ network/storage).
- Work with Senior Engineers and refine best practices models to deploy new virtualized instances.
- Support hosting technologies, automation and development operations infrastructure.
- Support deployed components across multiple operating systems and hardware topologies.
- Analyze system performance indicators and recommend improvement actions.
- Monitor vendors' release notes and plan necessary upgrades and patches as required.
- Assist in Disaster recovery planning as needed and create and review technical system recovery plans.
- Review the problem management register and identify and implement actions.
- Assess/install/maintain third-party tools.
- Make proactive suggestions for service improvements and demonstrate commitment to Service Excellence.
- Work as a team lead and coach less experienced staff in the supported products and best practice for production support.
- Coordinate planned and unplanned outages with vendors and customers.
- Provide Outage Resolution Support for both server and network related issues. This includes investigation of outage cause, impact on user, and resolution.
- Perform major upgrades of systems and associated products.
- Create, track, and manage service orders with managed services vendor.
- Assist with managing the infrastructure budget and recovery process.
- Manage research and development efforts and special projects such as product suites, third party applications, upgrades, and modifications to the environment.
+ Basic qualifications
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Experience working in a distributed infrastructure engineering team.
- Significant experience executing deployments of complex multi-tier line of business applications.
- Experience implementing solutions in the public cloud (AWS, Azure and Google)
- Experience troubleshooting high availability multi-tenant virtualization solutions and identifying root cause of service delivery issues.
- Experience implementing the physical layer of a virtualization solution including hypervisors, network and shared storage technology.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a distributed team environment and set own work direction to achieve team goals.
- Experience with designing the infrastructure architecture and the organizational approach required to manage the ongoing development and delivery of infrastructure, helping organizations prepare business cases for infrastructure investments.
- Experience with assessing infrastructure to identify high level business goals that they must support, documenting limitations which prevent organizations from achieving goals, assessing their current ability to support businesses and recommending improvements, quick-hit opportunities and near-term timelines.
- Strong deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills
- Ability to take ownership, be accountable, reliable and build loyalty in order to delivery service excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to key customer needs
- Time management and organization skills
- Ability to plan and monitor business costs with the understanding to drive cost savings and optimize margins
WHERE YOU LIVE: Chicago
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here-what's stopping you from pursuing it?
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top