Industry X.0 - PLM Senior Manager
Industry X.0 - Level 6 - PLM Senior Manager
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A new area within Accenture Digital is Industry X.0, an advanced, digitally enabled, innovati ve , planning and investment approach for manufacturing and asset-intensive industries
In your role within our Industry X.0 team, you'll help clients take advantage of significant market opportunities as digital technology moves into the core of industry in product development and manufacturing environments. You'll help them transform their product, manufacturing and product related services value chains in Products, Communications, Media, High Tech, Aerospace & Defense, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities. As part of Accenture Digital, you'll benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions in the Industry X.0 space.
Description of the role
Being part of Industry X.0, the individual will be accountable for helping clients target and deliver value through the digital transformation of their core R&D and Engineering operations.
This individual is responsible for leveraging PLM and R&D/Engineering solutions to enable clients' future-state business capabilities, which can enable or alter business processes or practices that, in turn, drive clients' targeted business outcomes.
This individual must be capable of practically applying existing, new, and emerging PLM solutions to new and evolving business and operating models. Conversely, they must be able to understand, monetize and operationalize new digital technologies for R&D and Engineering operations.
This individual is responsible for facilitating the construction of business models, which may include business capabilities, functions and processes and organization design, as well as working collaboratively with business strategists, process owners and subject matter experts.
The role focuses on business strategy and targeted business outcomes - clarifying strategic intentions; identifying business outcomes; exploring implications, impacts and risks; and addressing stakeholder key questions.
We are looking for people with experience in the Aerospace & Defense, Electronic & High Tech, Life Science, Capital Projects or Food & Beverage Industries.
Responsibilities of the PLM Senior Manager may include:
- Search and provide information on the key industry challenges and trends and present an impetus for change in industry context.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reusing existing technology for, end to end R&D and Engineering business processes.
- Facilitate development of assets and solution frameworks that combine knowledge of the R&D and Engineering business processes and issues, technology trends and digital priorities.
- Analyze clients' strategy, operating vision, business imperatives and capabilities.
- Identify key value drivers and demonstrate how digital transformation of R&D and Engineering can enable key enterprise imperatives.
- Define use cases and associated reference solution architectures for digital R&D and Engineering operations and explore them within client conversations.
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to identify and prioritize value opportunities and develop digital R&D and Engineering transformation roadmaps.
- Developpe the business case, solution architecture, and implementation roadmap for clients' transformation journeys.
- Provide strategic consultation to clients in defining or designing business capabilities, processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing, selling and enabling technologies based on business and end-user requirements.
- Perform project management activities
- Work closely with the Accenture teams and key stakeholders
- Lead customer workshops
- Act as an advocate of Product Lifecycle Management and/or Manufacturing best practices, methods, and processes.
- Support the creation and participate in thought leadership to create R&D and Engineering Point of view and white papers
- Support the Accenture teams in the development and refinement of offerings and collateral to support/promote the sales of offerings (overviews, case studies, account planning, marketing information).
- Successfully supporting the sales process from origination to successful closing (including offering fine tuning, solution shaping, proposal preparation, client presentations).
- Meet travel requirements, up to 80%.
+ Basic qualifications
- In-depth experience with R&D and Engineering transformation and process redesign methods in Process Industries.
- Knowledge of existing, new and emerging digital technologies and being able to practically apply them to R&D and Engineering operations.
- Knowledge in all aspects of designing and constructing end to end R&D and Engineering business processes, functions and organizational structures.
- Ability to create original concepts and theories for improving growth and efficiency through digital R&D and Engineering transformation.
- Ability to identify the client value delivered by a R&D and Engineering solution and provide a point of view on what the architecture should look like.
- 10+ years of professional experience with a major PLM system (PTC, Dassault Systemes, Siemens, SAP-PLM, Oracle Agile) and/or Master Data Management
- 8+ years of professional experience in Engineering/Manufacturing IT systems including ERP, PLM, MES and QMS.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the Aerospace & Defense Industry OR 5+ years of professional experience in the Electronic and High-Tech Industry OR 5+ years of professional experience in the Life Science Industry OR 5+ years of professional experience in the Capital Projects Industry OR 5+ years of professional experience in the Food & Beverage Industry
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder
- Bachelor's Degree.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Relevant professional experience in business development support, RFP response and professional IT services sales
- Relevant professional experience in project management experience in Engineering/Manufacturing IT
- Engineering/Manufacturing IT experience in at least 1 of the following industries:
- Electronics & High Tech
- Energy & Utilities
- Automotive/Tier 1 Suppliers
- Industrial Equipment
- Travel, Transportation and Logistics
- Consumer packaged goods
- Food & Beverage
- Good analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Business development support experience
- Time management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top