Industry X.0 - Automation Control Specialist - Lafayette, LA
The digital revolution is changing everything. It's everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you'll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A new area within Accenture Digital is Industry X.0, an advanced, digitally enabled, innovative, planning and investment approach for manufacturing and asset-intensive industries. In your role within our Industry X.0 team, you'll help clients take advantage of significant market opportunities as digital technology moves into the core of industry in product development and manufacturing environments. You'll help them transform their product, manufacturing and product related services value chains in Products, Communications, Media, High Tech, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities. As part of Accenture Digital, you'll benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions in the Industry X.0 space.
YOUR ROLE: Automation Control Specialist
- I ntermediate understanding of Industrial Automation and Control Systems, i.e. PLC, DCS, HMI, Electrical Design, Instrumentation Design and Industrial Information Technology.
- Functions include providing Process Control Engineering, included but not limited to: specification, engineering, configuration and startup for projects implementing automation control systems for industrial clients including OEM's, end users, and EPC firms across a range of industries including General Industry, Food & Beverage, Pulp & Paper, Steel & Metals, OEM, Municipal & Institutional, High Purity, EPC, Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, Power Generation.
- Technical writing skills are required to assist in completing project documentation and project reports.
- This position has a travel expectation that could range from 30% up to 75% depending on project activities such as site startups and commissioning, site inspections, consulting engagements, etc.
+ Basic qualifications
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- 3-5 years in Automation
- Excellent team player with people skills, with the ability to interface with a customer, internal team, and project manager.
- Experience with configuration of Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC and Wonderware Intouch/Archestra, including modification of code and graphics, is required.
- Individuals should be familiar with operations of an Oil & Gas offshore platform. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting issues with the Platform Control System (PCS) and Emergency Control Systems (ESS), including instrumentation, wiring, servers, hardware, and software.
- Self-motivated individual with the willingness to take ownership and responsibility of delegated tasks.
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills
- Special Training in Allen Bradley ControlLogix, MicroLogix, SLC-500, PLC-5, ControlNet, RSView, PanelView, GE Rx3i PACS System and GE90-30/70 and QuickPanel OIT, WonderWare Archestra, Application Server.
- Certifications in Rockwell Software PLC and FactoryTalk HMI Training, WonderWare Industrial Application Server Training, SAFEGULF and H2S Training, HUET Training, T-2 Offshore Production, Safety Training, OSHA Basic Plus, TWIC.
- Offshore experience is a plus.
WHERE YOU LIVE: Lafayette, LA
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement
- You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company
- Access to leading-edge technology
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here-what's stopping you from pursuing it?
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top