Industrial Design Director - Fjord
We are a family of Fjordians. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
Thanks to a unique partnership with Accenture, we're able to do work that changes the world, and we're always looking for kindred spirits.
- To lead or provide oversight for our multi-disciplinary teams, directing the definition of the overall design vision, strategy, execution, and delivery through all stages of the project from conceptual work through to refinement, documentation, and launch. You will oversee multiple projects simultaneously, closely collaborating with principal and senior-level designers to ensure the design vision is upheld during design execution and delivery of a project.
- Develop and nurture strong client and stakeholder relationships that position we are a trusted advisor and partner.
- Actively participate and lead business development efforts, including meetings and presentations, to help grow our client portfolio.
- As co-lead on business development efforts, the Creative Director will be responsible for directing a team through the development of a complete design proposal, and for collaborating with the Business Development team and/or Client Services partners.
- To grow, develop, and maintain our unique point-of-view, proprietary thinking and methodologies related to design, and to share this through training and mentorship internally, and externally by demonstrating thought-leadership at industry conferences and in publications.
- To manage up to 5 reports from a variety of design disciplines. In the role of a manager, the Creative Director will be responsible for managing and mentoring their reports' growth, conducting regular one-on-ones, and providing their reports' with yearly performance evaluations.
+ Basic qualifications
- 10+ years of practical experience in design
- 4+ years' experience managing 4 or more direct reports
- 5+ years managing design projects
- A Master's Degree in design is preferred. Acceptable disciplines are industrial design, interaction design or human-computer interaction (HCI), graphic design, or related discipline
- An exceptional portfolio of work that demonstrates a significant breadth of experience in solving complex, large-scale design challenges, collaborating with and managing multiple stakeholders across disciplines, and delivering meaningful innovation in products and/or design processes and methodologies
- Your work is recognized as groundbreaking and world-class in the broader design community and you have been awarded patents and design awards
- Internationally acclaimed industry leader w/experience speaking at events/conferences and/or through published content
- Best-in-class mastery of at least one of our key creative disciplines: industrial design, interaction design, and or the visual design, and a proficient understanding of the disciplines that have not been mastered
- Mastery of qualitative and quantitative design research methodologies, and experience participating in, or conducting, medium to large research projects, from qualitative consumer ethnography to analytics-based A/B testing
- Mastery in leading creative teams throughout all stages of a design project, from research to ideation, to detailed design, to documentation and delivery
- Experience leading multiple simultaneous projects is required
- Best-in-class mastery in presenting design work to audiences of senior industry executives, VCs, academics, and others
- Exceptional client management skills
- Clear ability to lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams
- Deep familiarity with a range of product development processes (e.g. waterfall and agile)
- Deep experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders across disciplines
- Organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal and time-management skills
- Must bring passion, positivity, energy and enthusiasm to our team
- Must hold a valid US Works Visa, if international
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top