Higher Education Finance Transformation Consultant
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Management Consulting professionals design and implement process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology and people to enable process improvements that create value for clients.
The Management Consultant reengineers business processes to drive efficiency and optimize the client's business, within a function, industry, technical and/or digital area.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
Responsibilities of the Higher Education Finance Transformation Consultant may include:
- Join Accenture's growing Education practice, helping to transform leading institutions across the country. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
- Focus on supporting Finance Transformation delivery for education clients.
- Engage on transformation programs at major education institutions focusing on implementing process and organizational change.
- Education institutions are under increasing pressure to reduce operating costs while also enabling their back-office functions to achieve industry best practices. Our consulting professionals partner with Institution finance leadership to achieve their desired business outcomes for implementations of best in class technology by also transforming their processes and organizational structure.
- Apply leading practice finance and accounting processes in one or more core finance areas: Record to Report (RtR), ProcuretoPay (PtP), Order to Cash (OtC).
- Work collaboratively with client teams to support the delivery of operating model changes, implement operational reports, service level agreements, and process KPIs.
- Manage transitions of multiple processes from sending organization to target organization including transition management, knowledge transfer, and process reengineering.
- Partner with technology teams to implement finance technology solutions such as Workday and Oracle Cloud products
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for areas of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- It is our intention for our people to live where they work and work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when travel is required. Travel may be weekly.
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 of Higher Education experience
- Minimum 3 years of project experience on education Finance Transformation projects
- Minimum of 1 year of experience cross functional touchpoints areas: Finance functional touchpoints, Accounting, Procurement, AP, Grants Management; Understanding finance best practices in processes and organizational design; Project activity sequencing; Change management
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top