Google Technical Architect
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements, in conjunction with the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value, provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/ or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward. We partner with our clients to help transform their data into an 'Appreciating Business Asset.'
As part of our Data Business Group, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a highly collaborative and growing network of technology and data experts, who are taking on today's biggest, most complex business challenges using the latest data and analytics technologies. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have an opportunity to work in roles such as Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Chief Data Officer covering all aspects of Data including Data Management, Data Governance, Data Intelligence, Knowledge Graphs, and IoT. Come grow your career in Technology at Accenture!
The Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Technical Architect Delivery is responsible for delivering Data On Cloud projects for Google GCP based deals. The ideal candidate would also be responsible for developing and delivering Google GCP cloud solutions to meet todays high demand in areas such as AI/ML, IoT, advanced analytics, open source, enterprise collaboration, microservices, serverless, etc. The Regional Google GCP Technical Architect is a highly performant GCP Architect responsible for delivering Cloud based Big Data and Analytical Solutions to our clients. Responsibilities include evangelizing data on cloud solutions with customers, leading Business and IT stakeholders through designing a robust, secure and optimized GCP architectures and ability to be hands-on delivering the target solution. This role will work with customers and leading internal data engineers in delivering big data soltuions on cloud. Using Google GCP public cloud technologies, our Technical Architect professionals implement state of the art, scalable, high performance Data On Cloud solutions that meet the need of todays corporate and emerging digital applications.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with Sales and Bus Dev teams in providing Data and GCP Technical Architecture expertise while pursuing client opportunities.
- Ability to build cloud architectures and provide prescriptive guidance across network, storage, Big Data Platform Services, serverless architectures, hadoop ecosystem, vendor products, RDBMS & NoSQL databases and security.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the GCP platform.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, "as is" and "to be" scenarios.
- Assess the full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the cloud concepts as it relates to Clients's Journey to Cloud methodology so that clear use cases are developed and prioritized as well as transitioning these concepts from ideas to proof-of-concepts all the way to production delivery with the full support of the appropriate teams.
- Compare solution alternatives across both technical and business parameters which support the define cost and service requirements.
- Apply Accenture methodology, Accenture reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high-quality work.
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight value proposition and unique differentiators.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Establish methods and procedures
- on new assignments with guidance.
- Manage small teams of delivery engineers successfully delivering work efforts (if in an independent contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Extensive travel may be required
- Minimum 5 years of Consulting or client service delivery experience on Google GCP
- Minimum 5 years of experience in big data, database and data warehouse architecture and delivery
- Bachelors degree or 12 years previous professional experience
- Able to travel 100% (M-TH)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in 2 of the following areas:
- Solution/technical architecture in the cloud
- Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management in the cloud
- IoT/event-driven/microservices in the cloud
Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
Extensive hands-on experience implementing data migration and data processing using GCP services etc.:
Data Ingestion : Cloud Pub/Sub, Data Transfer Service, Cloud IoT Core
Streaming Data Pipeline : Cloud Dataflow, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataprep, Apache Beam
Data Warehousing & Data Lake : BigQuery, Cloud Storage
Advanced Analytics : Cloud ML engine, Google Data Studio, Tensorflow & Sheets
Familiarity with the Technology stack available in the industry for data management, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation: Kafka, StreamSets, Attunity, GoldenGate, Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Cassandra, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, etc.
Candidate Must Have Completed The Following Certifications
- Certified GCP Solutions Architect - Associate
- Certified GCP Solutions Architect - Professional (Nice to have)
- Certified GCP Big Data Specialty (Nice to have)
- Certified GCP AI/ML Specialty (Nice to have)
- DevOps on an GCP platform. Multi-cloud experience a plus.
- Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions on GCP
- Strong in Java, C##, Spark, PySpark, Unix shell/Perl scripting
- Familiarity with the technology stack available in the industry for metadata management: Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
- Multi-cloud experience beyond GCP a plus - AWS and Azure
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Locations CA - Los Angeles,CA - San Jose,FL - Miami,FL - Tampa,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,MN - Minneapolis,NJ - Florham Park,PA - Philadelphia,TX - Dallas,TX - Houston
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
Nahomie L.Consulting Manager
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top