Global Tax Group Specialist
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Walnut Creek, CA or Chicago, IL
As part of the Accenture Finance's Global Tax Group, Client Tax Matters (CTM) professionals work in a dynamic business focused global team where independent work styles are encouraged and cross-cultural collaboration is paramount. On a daily basis, CTM team members have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of Accenture's business and assist engagement teams in successfully navigating the tax environment to provide competitive solutions and pricing. The Client Tax Matters team provides tax research and planning advisory services for in scope Accenture client proposals. This tax guidance includes advice on tax efficient contracting structures, transaction taxes, tax job costs and other tax compliance requirements.
- As part of the Accenture Global Tax Group (GTG) Client Tax Matters (CTM) team, provide written and oral transaction tax guidance to internal Accenture business teams as it relates to client service agreements.
- Coordinate and conduct discussions with Accenture business and finance teams to gather information required for comprehensive transaction tax guidance.
- Review and successfully advocate for business team compliance with internal Accenture tax policies and procedures.
- Review client services agreements and advise on tax risk and cost mitigation strategies including both alternative contracting structures and additional terms and conditions.
- Assist with Accenture finance and business team use of GTG tax tools.
- Coordinate and support Accenture Global Tax Group tax subject matter expert reviews of transaction tax issues.
- Maintain database to track status of current deals and history of issued tax guidance.
- Assist with other tax projects as needed.
+ Basic qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience (client deal experience a plus)
- CPA or JD a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate and cooperatively work with different levels/geographies of Accenture finance and leadership teams
- Keen attention to and documentation of relevant details for tax analyses
- Business focused writing and oral communications skills
- Ability to self-manage multiple ongoing tasks to completion
- Based in Walnut Creek (San Francisco/Sacramento area) or Chicago Accenture office locations
- Writing sample may be requested
- Minimal or no travel required
- Flexible work arrangements
Candidates who are currently on assignment as part of the Global Careers program are not eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top