Global Controllership Manager
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location: Chicago, IL
Level: 7 - Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The Global Controllership Manager assists in the preparation of timely and accurate consolidation and preparation of financial statements for inclusion in the filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Monitor and respond to general technical accounting/Policy inquiries from Finance employees. Conduct technical accounting research as needed.Primary Responsibilities:As part of the financial reporting group, responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage preparation of timely and accurate consolidation and preparation of financial statements, for inclusion in the filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Manage the preparation of the consolidated balance sheet and income statement utilizing SAP's Business Objects Planning and Consolidation system (BPC)This process includes downloading SAP general ledger results into BPC, loading ownership percentages of investments in subsidiaries, performing consolidation elimination tasks and running validation tasks. Manage the upgrade of the BPC system from a business perspective.
- Supervise analysis of monthly Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash flow statements, Shareholders' Equity statements to communicate and explain key variances as compared to the prior month, quarter and prior year.
- Manage preparation of certain quarterly and annual footnote disclosures, including those for certain one-time transactions and reserves, such as space abandonment reserves
- Lead the analysis of pre-close statement results to identify unusual items requiring adjustments.
- Lead the monthly analysis of CTA and FX.
- Manage and review the work of analyst and/or specialists in the group
- Provide assistance to external auditors during the quarterly review and annual audit processes
- Monitor, understand and assist in the identification of the potential impact of new accounting and SEC standards on financial results and financial statement disclosures
- Assist Director of Financial Reporting and Assistant Controller in completing special projects as assigned, such as special regulatory filings
- Review and/or prepare selected quarterly and annual footnote disclosures and Management's Discussion & Analysis information
- Review US GAAP Earnings Release financial statements and assemble related supporting documentation
- Ensure compliance with certain internal controls
- Assist in the preparation and/or review the quarterly accounting and reporting update, including competitor disclosure and comment letter matrix
- Lead/Participate in special projects (e.g. goodwill impairment analysis and fair value margin analysis)
- Ensure support to key customers, including Legal, Corporate Communications, Other Finance, Tax, Treasury and others
- Completion of special regulatory filings (e.g. 8-K's, European Union Prospectus and local country filings) and other annual deliverables (Annual Report and Proxy Statement)
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top