Geographic Tax Accounting Manager
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location : Chicago, IL
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at http://www.accenture.com./ .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The Tax Accounting function reports through the Managing Director, Finance, Global Tax and is organized along the lines of geographic responsibilities and process responsibilities. A team of tax accounting experts report to the Director - Income Tax Accounting. Most of the managers have both geographic and process responsibilities. The geographic roles support local finance and tax groups in ensuring accurate forecasting and reporting of income tax accounts. The team is also responsible for global tax accounting processes, which are focused on the consolidation of global results for U.S. GAAP and management reporting purposes.
Brief Description of Duties:
Responsible for managing all aspects of income tax accounting and forecasting at the tax reporting group level for non-US operations with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Serve as tax accounting expert supporting regional tax experts and Country Controllers at a local level regarding income tax accounting issues
- Manage timeliness and ensure technical accuracy of quarterly effective tax rate and income tax cash payment forecasts, annual provision, and provision to return true-up.
- Ensure all local tax accounting issues are properly analyzed, supported, and documented, including valuation allowance positions, unrecognized tax benefits, M&A transactions, and impacts of pending legislation
- Collaborate with a team of regional tax accounting experts to support quarterly reporting of income taxes.
- Assist with external financial audits and reviews of income taxes
- Advocate compliance with Income Tax accounting internal controls applicable at the local level
- Conduct local income tax accounting training as required for the tax and country controllership groups
- Manage various global income tax accounting and reporting processes
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent advanced degree
- Minimum of 4 years combination of Tax and/or Financial Reporting experience with a US multinational company and/or public accounting firm
- Knowledge of US GAAP standard ASC 740, Accounting for Income Taxes, with 3+ years significant tax accounting experience
- Ability to team and communicate effectively with finance and tax teams across different cultures and at all levels of management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including comfort making and defending decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to deliver high quality work product under tight deadlines
- Strong presentation, organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience using OneSource Tax Provision and ERP software (SAP, Oracle, etc.) is preferred..
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top