FP&A Portfolio Specialist
Location: Ewing, NJ
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The FP&A Portfolio Specialist will perform accounting, financial planning, forecasting, strategic planning and financial analytical business support for the Brands Portfolio. This includes monitoring business performance, preparation and analytical review and analysis of actual results, preparation and analytical review of near term and longer term forecasts, and preparation of individual brand product line financial performance. In addition, the role will be responsible for rolling-up the account level budgets/forecasts across all client portfolios and ensure accuracy and accountability.
- Ownership of the Brands Portfolio revenue and cost forecasts. Responsibilities include: bottom's up forecast modeling based on transactional volumes and outside vendor costs (print publication and transportation). Perform close analysis of actual to budget and latest estimate, identifying key drivers of the variance. In addition, the role must direct the work efforts of his peers to consolidate the account level forecast across several portfolios to ensure accuracy / data consistency.
- Develop cost proposals, business cases for potential new services, Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Customer Estimate Requests (CERs). Perform variance analysis of RFPs, CERs and monthly forecasts, and monitoring of actual costs against contracted scope to recommended opportunities to execute change orders.
- Review month end accounting activities to ensure accuracy, including: journal entries, prior month adjustments, accruals, etc.
- Manage the delivery of monthly client reporting, including: SLA's, labor allocation, mega metrics, CoPQ and PO matched exceptions.
- Ability to perform detail analysis and summarize key insights for business and financial management to support and influence business decisions.
- Understand the overall supply chain operation and identify the key cost drivers enabling strong forecasting and how they link to revenue streams.
- Report and present financial results to business partners.
- Develop good working relationships as the financial partner to both Tower and Operation Leads
- Create innovative alternative recommendations for more cost-effective methods to meet the same objectives.
- Provide business support & advice with focus on financial accountability and controls.
- Train non-financial business partners on the specific financial concepts they need to fulfill the fiscal responsibilities of their positions.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis and project work as needed.
+ Basic qualifications
Minimum of 3 years of financial forecasting, planning & analysis
Minimum of 2 years of monthly financial reporting
Minimum of 2 years of building financial models
Experience with monthly close accounting activities (journal entries, accruals, prior month adjustments, etc.)
PC skills including working knowledge of PeopleSoft and advanced excel functions
Experience with forecast variance & trend analysis
Knowledge of Supply Chain & Print Publication industry practices, products, and markets.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and provide sound business recommendations.
Ability to lead project teams, multi task, and work independently.
Customer focused to satisfy needs of internal and external clients.
Strong time management skills and effectively plan and organize the workload of others
Professional Skill Requirements
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Desire to work in an information systems environment
Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top