Fjord Group Design Director - Chicago
Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world's leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Group Design Director @ Fjord
- The Group Design Director is expected to help shape the discourse around design, engage with the community at a local level and help designers become better practitioners through career and skill development. Given the demanding growth goals of the organization, he/she is also expected to be well connected in the market, and attract the best and brightest design talent within the region.
- He/she is also responsible for collaborating and actively sharing knowledge with the other offices' design leaders. The community of Group Design Directors meets regularly with our CEO, who personally oversees thought leadership activities of this group. The mission for design leaders, as defined by the CEO is "Impact Through Design," based on three pillars: Building the team of the future; Leading the world by design; and Spreading the Fjord Spirit.
- We expect the successful candidates to have 15+ years experience of delivering design solutions for various clients across multiple platforms and mediums.
- The ideal candidate will thrive working in a fast paced, collaborative, team environment.
- The Group Design Director is responsible for building, managing and continuously evolving the studio's design team — the role's mission statement is to "Build a Legendary Design Practice".
- This includes but is not limited to:
- Inspiring great creativity, design and quality
- Hiring and shaping a world-class design practice and team
- Shaping and managing skills and career development for the design team
- Creating a winning, talent-attracting, and productive design culture in the office, by leading by example and through proven and consistent management practices
- Evolving and guiding usage of the best design tools and processes
- Partnering with the Group Director to strengthen Fjord's presence in this market and aggressively grow reputation and business
- Working closely with finance, resource management and program management to deliver the right work to our clients
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top