Financial Services - Technical Architect Senior Manager P&C - MW
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
As part of Accenture Consulting, the Property and Casualty Insurance practice helps the world's leading insurers achieve profitable growth by driving product innovation, enhancing customer interaction and reducing operating costs. Our broad offering includes consulting based on deep industry experience, extensive relationships with leading insurance ecosystem platforms and dependable systems integration and outsourcing delivery. We also help insurers capitalize on analytics, mobility, digital marketing, cloud and other enabling technologies. Our unique blend of innovative digital thinking, financial services expertise and market-leading technology is coupled with a comprehensive breadth of skills, a global footprint, and a network of nearly 50,000 financial services professionals with wide-ranging experience in developing, delivering and managing strategies and solutions. These capabilities and assets enable us to generate growth and create new business models that drive high performance across our clients' organizations.
While most people have no idea what you do or how you do it, you know exactly what it takes to collaborate, ideate and provide technical guidance to help bring your clients' vision to life. And they rely heavily on your skills and expertise as you translate the creative vision into technical implementations. If you are passionate about technical solutions that move a brand forward, we'd like to meet you.
YOUR ROLE: Senior Technical Architect
- Plan, design and architect solutions based on microservice techniques and principles
- Use the best of object-oriented and functional language techniques when building solutions
- Design robust enterprise level solutions that consider scale, security, reliability and cost
- Leverage the latest technologies and established software and design patterns
- Ensure code and design quality through the execution of test plans
- Develop coding standards, methodology and repeatable processes
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of the latest technologies and patterns to provide leadership perspective on front and backend technologies and their overall impact
- Work closely with internal and external business and technical counterparts
- Provide technical leadership at a project level
- Mentor and teach associate or junior technical architects
It is our intention for our people to live where they work and work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.
+ Basic qualifications
- 5+ years of experience designing and building of solutions to solve complex problems across medium to large scale back-end infrastructures including cloud
- 5+ years of experience with web development frameworks including mobile solutions (Angular, React, etc.)
- 3+ years as a solution architect.
- 3+ years of experience with functional and unit testing based frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or software engineering or at least 8 years of solid software development experience
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills
- Experience helping Personal and Commercial Lines Insurance carriers exceed the expectations of their policyholders with innovative technology solutions
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Oracle or Google Cloud (certification a plus)
- Experience with cloud based API Management / Gateway offerings (AWS API Gateway, Azure API Gateway, Mulesoft, Apigee, etc.)
- Experience designing distributed application architectures, creating project estimates, defining scope requirements, and structuring projects
- Experience in CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Experience using Agile/Scrum process to develop software systems
- Experience with authentication and authorization of APIs and security best practices such as validation, etc
- Master's in Computer Science or software engineering
- Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production deadline-driven environment both internal and client facing
WHERE YOU LIVE (OR ARE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO)
- Based out of Chicago, IL or Columbus, OH
- A willingness to travel 80% as necessary
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision will be rewarded, and your success will fuel opportunities for career advancement.
- You'll make a difference for some pretty impressive clients. Accenture serves many of the Fortune Global 100 on high-profile projects.
- Opportunities to learn daily through training, assignments and collaboration with experts across the company.
- Access to leading-edge technology.
- Along with a competitive salary, Accenture offers a comprehensive package that includes generous paid time off, 401K match and an employee healthcare plan.
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become an industry disrupter. The opportunity is here-what's stopping you from pursuing it?
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 Visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top