Financial Services Risk Analytics Consultant
Organization: Accenture Analytics
Travel: 80% (Monday - Thursday)
Position: Accenture Analytics Financial Services Risk Analytics Consultant
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Management Consulting professionals design and implement process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology and people to enable process improvements that create value for clients.
The Management Consultant reengineers business processes to drive efficiency and optimize the client's business, within a function, industry, technical and/or digital area.
Risk Management professionals transform the risk management function from a series of isolated transactions to one of strategic scope and importance, encompassing all aspects of the entity, including investment, financing and operating decisions.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or other quantitative discipline. An Advanced Degree in one or more of these disciplines is highly desirable
- Minimum 3 years of experience with:
- Credit, market, liquidity and/or operational risk analytics (e.g., model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, model documentation, model validation, model governance, model implementation, integration and automation, etc.)
- Retail, commercial, and/or Capital Markets portfolios, including commercial lending, asset-based lending, treasury services and investment banking. Exposure to insurance, wholesale/retail lending, deposits, etc. desirable
- Risk regulatory trends, principles, and practices (e.g., CCAR, DFAST, Internal Capital Reporting, Capital Planning, Risk Weighted Assets, CECL, etc.), including any combination of the following: back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, benchmarking, capital calculations, reporting standards, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SAS Python or R. Exposure and/or proficiency to other analytical tools such as SQL, C++, VBA, Murex, Calypso, Numerix, etc., desirable
- Model development/quantitative skills should include any combination of the following: multivariate regression models, transition matrices, stochastic processes, econometric models, neural networks, Monte Carlo, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with credit/market risk type models (e.g., CVA, ALLL, PD/LGD, Roll Rate, VAR, SVAR, etc.)
- Experience within the model risk or model development team of a universal bank, wholesale bank or rating agency
- Data management experience (e.g., extracting, aggregating and structuring large volumes of data, etc.) in the context of analytics
- Strong understanding of front and back office operations desirable
- Minimum 2 years of prior Management Consulting experience focused on Risk Analytics in the Financial Services industry (e.g., Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance)
- Solid project management experience (e.g., defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, lead key requirement workshops, document and understand requirements
- Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs and other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases
- Experience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root causes of issues by analyzing patterns and trends
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Professional Skills Requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
- A strong desire and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- A strong desire to deliver to a high standard
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Additional Skill Requirements
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment. Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment. Desire to work in an information systems environment Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
CALL TO ACTION
Now is the time to become a digital disrupter. The opportunity is here-what's stopping you from pursuing it?
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top