Role: Financial Services Media Lead
Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing + Communications
Location: US - Chicago, New York, Atlanta, DC, Boston,
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Overview of North America (NA) Marketing + Communications
The North America Marketing + Communications team shapes and activates marketing and communications strategies across the marketing lifecycle that fuel growth for Accenture's $20B+ North American market (United States and Canada). Its cross-functional team drives category brand positioning in the North American market, curates end-to-end client experiences to drive the local growth agenda, empowers and positions Accenture's leaders, and engages and inspires the company's North American people, recruits and alumni. It positions Accenture in the heart of local innovation, business and technology communities and champions programs for equality, inclusion and diversity within Accenture North America and the communities it serves.
Accenture is looking for a dynamic public relations pro to lead the strategy, execution and coordination of a comprehensive media relations program for Accenture's business across the financial services business, with direct responsibility for executing the banking media and analyst relations portfolio and managing the capital markets and insurance media and analyst relations teams. It would involve a particular focus on helping shape messaging about how the financial services industry should bring digital innovation to transform their business models and operations to remain competitive with new entrants and traditional competitors. The pandemic brought digital transformation ahead in a short period of time, leveling the playing field of digital maturity and reshaping the competitive environment. The role is responsible for generating top tier media coverage in influential press in support of Accenture's financial services objectives.
Additionally, this role is responsible for leading and implementing an executive positioning program for our banking industry lead, leveraging media relations, social media, speaking engagement and awards. As part of the executive visibility program, this role also supports key internal communications initiatives. Further responsibilities include increasing industry analyst awareness of Accenture's financial services capabilities and differentiation by proactively driving education initiatives and executive and business briefings with key industry analysts.
This individual will work closely with the financial services marketing & communications leads as well as the financial services industry leads. The individual will also collaborate with national, industry, business and global media relations colleagues across the company to leverage content for relevant stories, and will complement the media relations program with social media to amplify awareness and visibility. This role reports into the Industry Media Relations Lead and is part of Accenture's Corporate Communications function.
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture, here's a look at some of your responsibilities.
- Create a financial services media strategy working in synch with the capital markets and insurance industry media leads and marketing teams to develop themes and messaging that align with the marketing teams' plans as well as overall industry trends and major events. This includes managing an editorial calendar for thought leadership launches, regular byline contributions and navigating potential internal news conflicts.
- Establish executive positioning platforms leveraging subject matter experts.
- Coach and prepare spokespeople.
- Drive the content pipeline for media relations on clients stories, research and thought leadership.
- Design a strategic approach for industry analyst relations, proactively setting up meetings with key financial services leads and analysts, and overseeing the responses to RFIs for reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to craft proactive media and analyst outreach/briefing initiatives surrounding key industry events (eg. Sibos, Money2020, etc.).
- Manage a small financial services media relations team who look after capital markets and insurance coverage.
- Monitor the competitive landscape for media mentions and share of voice, applying this knowledge to improve Accenture's overall position in the industry.
- Conduct and analyze market/competitor/influencer research as input to positioning and external marketing and communications plans.
- Drive the application process for industry important awards and rankings; promote wins.
- Manage and develop professional working relationships with key journalists and client peers.
- Work with industry marketing & communications team to create and execute effective social media initiatives for financial services industry executives.
- Ensure that industry media relations initiatives are consistent with strategic business objectives for Accenture.
- Bachelor's degree or other university degree.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in PR/corporate communications in the financial services sector. In-house or agency.
- Experience at building strong working relationship and providing strategic counsel to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability for media measurement tools, tactics and capabilities.
- Natural storyteller with ability to connect Accenture capabilities to industry news.
- Strong relationships with financial services industry and trade press.
- Able to leverage social media to augment and amplify media relations program. Broad based business acumen and ability to quickly grasp Accenture's business strategy.
- Global perspective and understanding of business marketplace; quick thinking with an inquisitive nature and desire to learn about economic and business drives, the technology ecosystem and all aspects of Accenture's business.
- Able to partner with and influence executives at all levels of the organization through relationship building and executive-level presence.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic support and counsel; issues management experience a plus.
- Exceptionally detail oriented yet equally flexible and agile. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Innovative/creative problem solving skills.
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs of the highest quality possible.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Strong leadership skills-team building, supervision, mentoring.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently, yet integrate and collaborate with other areas within Marketing & Communications and other areas within Accenture.
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NY - New York,VA - Arlington