Finance & Risk-Risk Analytics Manager (MW)
By joining our Finance & Risk-Risk Analytics team as a Manager, you will embark on a fast paced career path to Managing Director that will allow you to utilize your deep industry experience and specialized skills to design, sell and lead industry-defining transformation programs. In this role, you will use your expertise to drive opportunity-for the company and for yourself-while maintaining the flexibility you need to keep your career ahead of the curve. As a Manager in our Finance & Risk-Risk Analytics practice, you will often be:
- Leading and/or supporting project teams, delivering valuable insights, and designing and implementing business change with a focus on people and process.
- Developing and maintaining contact with clients, serving as an internal and external trusted advisor on new trends and best practices, providing industry point-of-view and recommendations on how clients can transition to future state solutions.
- Understanding business drivers and opportunities as it relates to our client's business and ensuring business outcomes are achieved.
- Advising, designing, developing and/or delivering deliver solutions that support industry and client best practices.
- Using design-led thinking to enhance the client customer experience.
- Defining client organizational priorities that could benefit from a liquid workforce.
- Optimizing client processes using analytics.
- Helping assess risk and shaping the appropriate mitigation strategies for the top global financial services organizations.
- Identifying and supporting business development initiatives; participate in and/or lead aspects of the proposal development process.
- Managing engagement risk, deliverables, and project economics.
- Leading, developing and supporting our resources.
- Contributing to the practice's growth plan; supporting the go-to-market strategy, offering prioritization, design, planning and delivery of offerings.
- Driving initiatives around market research, Accenture Points-of-View, capability development, thought capital, knowledge management, etc.
- Maintaining an understanding of advancements in regulations, technology and innovations which are happening across your specialization, and the broader financial services marketplace.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
+ Basic qualifications
Industry & Technical Expertise
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or other quantitative discipline. An Advanced Degree in one or more of these disciplines is highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years of experience with:
- Credit, market, liquidity and/or operational risk analytics (e.g., model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, model documentation, model validation, model governance, model implementation, integration and automation, etc.)
- Retail, commercial, and/or Capital Markets portfolios, including commercial lending, asset-based lending, treasury services and investment banking. Exposure to insurance, wholesale/retail lending, deposits, etc. desirable
- Risk regulatory trends, principles, and practices (e.g., CCAR, DFAST, Internal Capital Reporting, Capital Planning, Risk Weighted Assets, etc.), including any combination of the following: back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, benchmarking, capital calculations, reporting standards, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SAS or Matlab. Exposure and/or proficiency to other analytical tools such as R, SQL, C++, VBA, Murex, Calypso, Numerix, etc., desirable
- Model development/quantitative skills should include any combination of the following: multivariate regression models, transition matrices, stochastic processes, econometric models, neural networks, Monte Carlo, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with credit/market risk type models (e.g., CVA, ALLL, PD/LGD, Roll Rate, VAR, SVAR, etc.)
Management Consulting Experience
- Minimum 3 years of prior Management Consulting experience focused on Risk Analytics in the Financial Services industry (e.g., Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance)
- Significant engagement management as well as business, practice, and people development
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and drive conversations at the executive level, including the ability to convey emerging trends, recommendations, and business value propositions
- Demonstrated ability to understand client needs, translate business needs into requirements, develop proposed solutions, and deliver high impact change initiatives
- Demonstrated e xperience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Strong project management skills (e.g., defining scope, setting project timelines and milestones, driving deliverables, identifying risks, and managing issues)
- Experience managing a project team (sometimes concurrent) of least 3 resources, including an understanding of team strengths, the ability to coach, develop and inspire others
- Demonstrated insights on key methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
- Well-developed analytical skills, the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root causes of issues by analyzing patterns and trends
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience within the model risk or model development team of a universal bank, wholesale bank or rating agency
- Data management experience (e.g., extracting, aggregating and structuring large volumes of data, etc.) in the context of analytics
- Strong understanding of front and back office operations desirable
Professional Skills Requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner, both internally and externally
- A strong desire to deliver to a high standard and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Demonstrated ability to concurrently manage dynamic large consulting workstreams and/or projects
- Demonstrated track record of delivery as part of a project team, including the ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges, manage stakeholder expectations, and produce project deliverables
- Ability to navigate unstructured processes and to simultaneously manage multiple workstreams
- Demonstrated team management and leadership skills; desire to lead and motivate teams in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top