Finance & Risk- Risk Analytics Consultant (SE)
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities: ,Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors ,Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals ,Interacts with senior level (C-suite, SVP, VP, etc.) clients and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach ,Has some latitude in decision-making ,Acts independently to determine methods and procedures to deliver against assignments ,Decisions have a major day-to-day impact on area of responsibility ,Manages large-to-medium sized teams of diverse backgrounds, skill sets and technical/functional knowledge and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture Specific responsibilities may include: ,Support and/or lead client engagements that may involve model development, validation, governance, risk strategy, transformation, implementation and end-to-end delivery of risk management solutions ,Advise clients on a wide range of wide range of credit, market and/or operational risk management analytics initiatives ,Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, manage account receivables, define deliverable content, ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client, Develop and maintain contact with C-level clients, be an internal and external trusted advisor on business needs and issues/challenges/needs/gaps, diagnosing the root problems, and recommending an approach, leveraging Accenture assets ,Identify and support business development initiatives; participate in and lead all aspects of the proposal development process,Contribute to development of Accenture Points-of-View on a variety of Risk Analytics topics,Develop thought capital and disseminate information around current and emerging trends, Maintain an understanding of advancements in technology and innovations which are happening across Risk Analytics, related CFO/CRO ecosystem, and broader financial services marketplace
+ Basic qualifications
Industry & Technical Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Engineering, Quantitative Finance or other quantitative discipline. An Advanced Degree in one or more of these disciplines is highly desirable
- Minimum 3 years of experience with:
- Credit, market, liquidity and/or operational risk analytics (e.g., model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, model documentation, model validation, model governance, model implementation, integration and automation, etc.)
- Retail, commercial, and/or Capital Markets portfolios, including commercial lending, asset-based lending, treasury services and investment banking. Exposure to insurance, wholesale/retail lending, deposits, etc. desirable
- Risk regulatory trends, principles, and practices (e.g., CCAR, DFAST, Internal Capital Reporting, Capital Planning, Risk Weighted Assets, etc.), including any combination of the following: back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, benchmarking, capital calculations, reporting standards, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SAS or Matlab. Exposure and/or proficiency to other analytical tools such as R, SQL, C++, VBA, Murex, Calypso, Numerix, etc., desirable
- Model development/quantitative skills should include any combination of the following: multivariate regression models, transition matrices, stochastic processes, econometric models, neural networks, Monte Carlo, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with credit/market risk type models (e.g., CVA, ALLL, PD/LGD, Roll Rate, VAR, SVAR, etc.)
Management Consulting Experience
- Minimum 2 years of prior Management Consulting experience focused on Risk Analytics in the Financial Services industry (e.g., Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance)
- Solid project management experience (e.g., defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, lead key requirement workshops, document and understand requirements
- Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs and other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases
- Experience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root causes of issues by analyzing patterns and trends
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience within the model risk or model development team of a universal bank, wholesale bank or rating agency
- Data management experience (e.g., extracting, aggregating and structuring large volumes of data, etc.) in the context of analytics
- Strong understanding of front and back office operations desirable
Professional Skills Requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
- A strong desire and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- A strong desire to deliver to a high standard
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Additional Skill Requirements
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment Desire to work in an information systems environment Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top