Finance & Risk - Regulatory & Compliance Consultant
Finance & Risk - Regulatory & Compliance Management Consultant
Join Accenture Consulting and you will work alongside fellow industry experts to lead transformational projects, and define cutting edge solutions, solving our client's most complex issues. And because our clients span the full range of industries-including 94 of the Fortune 100-you will have the opportunity to pursue your passion, hone your expertise, and deepen your knowledge.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise-strategic, industry, functional, technical-in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting, or technology consulting.
We offer a transparent approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues. You will benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools. You will have access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends. You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on-the-job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Are you ready to help clients streamline operating models and integrate risk and finance functions? Can you align and integrate disparate sources of data, and deliver leading-edge technology solutions to enable insight through analytics? If yes, then our Finance & Risk- Regulatory & Compliance practice is the place for you to catapult your consulting career and take it to the next level! As part of a strong, vibrant and global community, you will learn from our leading industry experts who will help you identify and maximize your strengths and position you for success.
By joining our Finance & Risk- Regulatory & Compliance team as a Consultant, you will embark on a fast-paced, dynamic, and rewarding career path where no two days are ever the same. Our culture is focused on providing you with the tools and opportunities to develop your consulting and industry expertise.
As a Consultant in our Finance & Risk-Regulatory & Compliance practice , you will often be:
- Supporting project teams, delivering valuable insights, and designing and implementing business change with a focus on people and process
- Using design-led thinking to enhance the client customer experience
- Defining client organizational priorities that could benefit from a liquid workforce
- Optimizing client processes using analytics
- Helping assess risk and shaping the appropriate mitigation strategies for the top global financial services organizations
- Supporting business development initiatives, including developing client proposals and building strong relationships with Accenture clients
- Supporting the development of the practice by driving initiatives around market research, Accenture Points-of-View, capability development, thought capital, knowledge management, etc.
- Maintaining an understanding of advancements in regulations, technology and innovations which are happening across your specialization, and the broader financial services marketplace
It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
+ Basic qualifications
Industry & Technical Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of Risk & Regulatory Compliance experience within the Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance industries (e.g., Basel Accord, Dodd Frank, FBO, FINRA, SEC, CCAR, etc.). Experience should include any combination of the following:
- Regulatory guidance and compliance environments, assurance activities and supporting projects
- Identifying and investigating conduct risks
- Regulatory knowledge and experience of FCA rules and other governing bodies, including practical application
- Effectively reviewing and evaluating risk and compliance process and control environments
- Interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially-acceptable solutions
- Principles of risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks
- Wider business and regulatory environment and the ability to understand the potential impacts of market and regulatory changes
- Strong understanding of front and back office operations
Management Consulting Experience
- Solid project management experience (e.g., defining scope, setting project timelines and milestone, driving deliverables, identifying risks, managing issues, and client relationship management)
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with clients, lead key requirement workshops, document and understand requirements
- Experience eliciting high-level business requirements and creating detailed functional specs and other documentation, such as requirement traceability matrices, work-flow diagrams and use-cases
- Experience working through organizational change, with a demonstrated track record of continuing responsibilities, creativity and innovation, including evidence of solution design
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
- Demonstrated ability to identify the root causes of issues by analyzing patterns and trends
- Strong competence in developing presentations required (MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel))
- MBA or an Advanced Degree is highly desirable
- Minimum 1 year of prior Management Consulting experience focused on Financial Services Regulatory & Compliance highly desirable
- Experience with Risk and/or Compliance technology vendors
Professional Skills Requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects, assignments and/or responsibilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, and demanding team-oriented environment
- A strong desire and ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment and structured decision-making
- A strong desire to deliver to a high standard
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top