Federal - Visual Designer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC/Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company that helps clients transform bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes. We serve every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and health to make a difference for the people they employ, serve, and protect.
As a designer and illustrator, you know what it takes to communicate a message through visual language. If you are passionate about creating the connective fabric that ties our services to the solutions we provide for clients, we'd like to meet you.
- Support conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Contributes to sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Create digital brand and identity assets as required by the project
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Contribute to the Visual Interface Design through personas, storyboards, scenarios, mood boards, iconography, photography and illustrations
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Create light weighed style guides and brand guidelines to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
- Contribute to the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, program management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Participate in and contribute to Project Debriefs
- Seek out opportunities for self-development
- Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
- Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams
- Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships
- Continually strive to exceed client expectations
- Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided
+ Basic qualifications
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 2 years relevant industry experience on digital playgrounds
- Experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management and user research
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as the Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, Fireworks
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storytelling, storyboards, mood boards, prototypes, etc.)
- Knowledge of web based technologies and mobile operating systems and platforms and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, for example Flex, Ajax, Flash, HTML 5, CSS, scripting, iOS, Android, Windows7/8, and various other technologies are a plus
- Demonstrable skills in illustration, photography, or diagrammatic expertise and iconography are an advantage
- Knowledge of mobile, tablet and desktop platforms is an advantage
- Good task management skills and the ability to brief and on-board other designers
- Ability to articulate and justify ideas and design solutions to clients
- Ability to work independently and identify and solve problems effectively and efficiently
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top