Federal - Time Admin/Labor Processing Manager
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA or San Antonio, TX
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
The Time Admin/Labor Processing Manager manages the AFS Time Admin/Labor Processing Team within the Controllership organization.
- Manage team of 4-5 employees with responsibility for ensuring all tasks/deliverables are executed on deadline and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manage bi-monthly processing of timesheets for over 7,000 employees under tight deadlines with focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Manage validation and submission of labor to Accenture Payroll for processing, as well as resolution of any issues.
- Manage and implement various employee outreach efforts to ensure compliance with timekeeping policies.
- Maintain time reporting policies and trainings, AFS Labor Manual, and job aids to ensure they are current and relevant.
- Develop various communications related to time reporting changes, initiatives, trainings/materials in support of acquisitions, etc.
- Support internal and external audits (i.e. DCAA).
- Participate in cross functional initiatives (i.e. system upgrades/testing) that are applicable to time administration/labor processing systems/functionality on an as needed basis.
- Develop team members through coaching and providing growth opportunities.
- Prepare and report key metrics and provide status updates to supervisor and/or AFS Controller.
- Primary point of contact for other business leads to address AFS time administration, labor processing, and payroll matters.
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) - applicable to candidates with less than 6 years of full-time relevant experience
- 6 years of experience in Time/Labor/Payroll (at least 3+ years with a government contractor)
- 5 years management experience (managing 5+ people) and strong coaching/counseling skills
- 3 years of Deltek T&E and Costpoint Labor and Leave processing knowledge, preferably hands on
- Strong understanding of payroll processing to include: deductions for benefits/garnishments/share purchase/taxes etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and an ability to communicate across employees at all levels (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proficient with common PC software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint Sites
- US Citizen
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top