Federal - Technology Strategy Manager
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Introduction To Accenture Strategy
Technology Strategy is no longer about how technology supports the business strategy, but how technology can create new opportunities and new value.
Technology Strategy professionals bring a unique mixture of business and technology expertise to develop strategic plans that define how technology can create value for an organization. Working at the intersection of business and technology, these strategists work alongside client leadership to define holistic strategies that combine business objectives with technology opportunities. Technology Strategy professionals must maintain deep knowledge of evolving trends and the latest advancements in technology, strategy, and management to develop innovation solutions and approaches. These professionals understand best practices and will work to define strategies that may include governance, organization structure and staffing, enterprise architecture models, business capability models, process definitions, and enterprise operating models. At their core, Technology Strategy professionals identify the most important client issues or opportunities, and maximize value by conducting rigorous analysis and developing strategic plans to address issues and/or seize opportunities. Learn more at www.accenture.com/us-en/technology-strategy-index .
Example Offerings Include
- Digital Strategy : addressing the issues, decisions, actions and investments required in IT to create a dig ital business
- IT Value Strategy : shaping the direction of IT to align the overall shareholder and business vision and objectives and drive measurable improvements
- Technology Innovation and Ecosystems : exploring new and emerging technologies to create a vision of how technology will shape the future and invent the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions
- Operating Model : shaping how the IT function will need to operate to achieve the New IT and stakeholder objectives and workforce talent strategy
- Cloud Strategy : enabling companies to access IT-based services, including infrastructure, applications, platforms and business processes, via the Internet to shape organizations' cloud journeys
- Enterprise Architecture Strategy: developing the foundation for client business and technology capabilities and execution improvement
- AI Strategy : outlining usage and effectiveness of Artificial Intelligence
Technology Strategy professionals create strategies and plans that define how technology should be utilized to enable an organization's overall business strategy. Applies knowledge of best practices to define how technology will shape the overall strategy, governance, organization structure and staffing, architecture and processes to maximize the impact of technology for our clients. Maintains knowledge of evolving trends in technology strategy and management and applies those to develop innovative approaches to deliver value for our clients. Technology Strategy professionals identify the most important client technology issues and maximize business value by conducting rigorous analyses and developing strategic multiyear road maps. Learn more at www.accenture.com/us-en/technology-strategy-index .
Example Offerings Include
- Digital strategy: addressing the issues, decisions, actions and investments required in IT to create a digital business
- IT value strategy: shaping the direction of IT to align the overall shareholder and business vision and objectives and drive measurable improvements
- Technology innovation and ecosystems : exploring new and emerging technologies to create a vision of how technology will shape the future and invent the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions
- IT in mergers and acquisitions: achieving IT and business synergies to capture maximum value from M&A deals through IT due diligence, smooth integration and carve-out support
- Cloud strategy: enabling companies to access IT-based services, including infrastructure, applications, platforms and business processes, via the Internet to shape organizations' cloud journeys
- Conduct research to obtain relevant data and define client needs or problems
- Formulate hypotheses to support client/market positioning and help implement proposed solutions
- Develop Strategic Plans and Roadmaps to set federal clients and their respective organizations down a new path of achieving new and/or improved mission capabiltiies
- Facilitate executive sessions to assess and drive adoption of new strategic directions established by the team
- Impact analysis of current operating models and digital/technology transformation
- Produce quantitative analysis, including data analytics and financial modelling, and present case team findings to client management
- Provide solutions to complex problems requiring an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives to analyze situations
- Develop comprehensive technologies in the following: IT opportunity assessment, investment portfolio management, operating models, information/sourcing/ enterprise architecture strategies, target architectures, best IT practice process frameworks & delivery models
- Interact with senior client management to assist in establishing and implementing a vision, roadmap and governance to address present business needs and support future growth
- Identify where clients can leverage IT for greatest strategic impact, defining a target IT architecture that supports business requirements and reduces costs
- Continuously develop skillsets and remain up to date on innovative solutions, as well as, provide coaching for junior consultants inside the practice
Basic Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree is required (in Business or IT related field preferred)
- 6+ years of relevant strategy consulting or industry experience
- Expert knowledgeable of technology lifecycles and the business of IT
- Ability to articulate how federal budgets/acquisitions, investments in innovation, governance and portfolio management, technology disruptions and mission capabilities affect one another
- Experience leading technology or business strategy teams, minimum of 4-5 engagements
- 5 years experience writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation
- Must have participated in one or more projects involving: IT Strategy, Digital Strategy, Cloud Strategy, Current State Capability Assessment, Future State Design, Roadmap Development, Operating Model Design, Service Management Design, Application Assessment, Data Management Strategy, IT Financial Management
- Candidate will complete an in-person case study presentation
- Advanced degree in the area of relevant specialization (MBA Preferred)
- Ability to articulate leading business trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top