Federal - Technology Analyst - University of Maryland
Great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
Who We Are and What We Do
AFS Technology powers our clients by building highly differentiated new business models and applications services, creating new experiences and driving the use of New IT, including Digital technologies, Cloud, Intelligent Automation, Liquid Delivery, Liquid Workforce and Agile methodologies. This team helps solve the most complex technology challenges for our clients, creating custom-designed solutions using leading edge technologies and integrating our Technology Platforms with our clients’ operations. We leverage alliances with top technology providers in the industry—including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, salesforce.com, Cisco, IBM, and HP—and harness emerging technologies in the AFS Digital Studio and Accenture Labs to help our clients invent new technology solutions to achieve real business results.
A passion for the new unites our diverse workforce of more than 375,000 Accenture employees around the globe who offer a steady flow of new ideas, and you’ll be part of the conversation between forward-thinking experts from across the areas of our business. You will receive training on the latest technology and trends at our leading edge training facility, through virtual classrooms and on-demand learning that’s tailored to the career you’re building. Join AFS Technology, and you’ll use groundbreaking new technologies to develop and implement innovative solutions that will benefit the business of the U.S. Federal Government and the daily lives of U.S. citizens.
Your Role as a Technology Analyst
No two days are the same at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here! As a Technology Analyst, you’ll work alongside clients as you help them make a real difference to their customers: your friends, family and neighbors. You’ll work with them to identify their challenges and collaborate with your Accenture colleagues to develop and craft solutions. You might spend your day:
Aligning technology with business strategy and goals, working directly with the client to gather requirements and to analyze and design best practice technology solutions
Focusing on high impact activities within the systems development lifecycle, and providing advisory work for the IT function itself
What You’ll Learn
Your knowledge is our most valuable asset, so we’ll invest in your development from your first day. We want you to be up to speed on your project as soon as possible, so we’ll make sure you have all the training you need to fully understand the latest technologies. In addition to a structured and detailed induction program and supportive graduate community, you can look forward to mentoring from some of our most successful leaders. This training will help you get the all-round skills for success but it will be your experience that will really make the difference, which is why we offer a variety of project work so that you can explore your every curiosity. Typical training you’ll receive in your first year will be:
- A robust training curriculum that will build your business acumen, technical and professional skills
- Training opportunities will occur in the classroom, on-the-job, and through formal online training
- Training is available through our global learning portal, and a wide range of learning resources
- Additional learning opportunities are provided via local AFS technology network, global Accenture technology professional network, and through our vast online tool, the Knowledge Exchange.
Accenture Federal Services analysts are well-rounded with a consistent track record of outstanding academic performance and high learning agility. We are looking to build our teams with individuals who are open, entrepreneurial and collaborative.
- Bachelor’s degree (with a graduation date no later than August 31, 2017)
- U.S Citizenship Required
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
Preferred Qualifications (not required)
- A successful Technology Analyst is:
- Digitally/Technology savvy
- Problem-Solver: breaks complex problems into parts and proposes possible solutions
- Effective Communicator: listens to & accurately captures others’ ideas, feedback & concerns; articulates ideas in a clear & engaging manner
- Relationship-Builder: displays high levels of emotional intelligence: uses own & others’ time intelligently; knows when to engage & when to listen; quickly builds & establishes trust with clients and teams
- Creative: enjoys exploring alternative possibilities and outcomes; has an entrepreneurial mindset drawn to opportunities, innovation & new value creation
- High Learning Agility: assimilates information & learns new techniques & methodologies quickly; enjoys learning
- Takes the Initiative: asks for and applies feedback to improve performance and quality of work; asks for help when needed
- Adaptable: comfortable dealing with ambiguity & resilient when faced with change & uncertainty
- Outcome-focused: seeks to understand the broader team priorities/goal & aligns own work to them
- An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top