Federal - Senior Java Developer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
For more information on Accenture Federal Services, please visit https://go.accenture.com/KGU08D
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
AFS is at the forefront in supporting a federal agency's Verification Modernization to enable the agency to more capably handle new requirements and the volume associated with Immigration Reform and mandatory E-Verify.
AFS is seeking a Senior Java Developer for a position in Arlington, VA to support it's ongoing Verification Information System modernization development effort. Using a light-weight Java framework and Ruby on Rails in a continuous integration environment, you'll join our team of developers building the next-generation of customer engagement systems for federal service agencies.
- Work with product owners and team lead to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process.
- Tasked with designing and developing the business's infrastructure architecture as well as developing automated scripts meant for building development and production environments.
- Monitoring the business's site/software, ensuring standard compliance.
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Gradle, Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance.
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit.
- Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Mentors junior member on the team.
- Enforce standards and best practices.
- Proactively communicates with the development and management to anticipate configuration management issues/processes.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project lifecycle.
+ Basic qualifications
- 3 years of database experience with Oracle, Hibernate, PostgresQL
- 5 years of recent experience developing and implementing software solutions using Java
- 3 years of experience in using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- Bachelor's Degree in a complimentary discipline
- 2 years of experience working in an agile environment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ Amazon Web Services Integration
- 2+ years' experience with Ruby on Rails
- 4+ years of web based GUI development
- 2+ years' experience with HTML
- 3+ year of Spring, RESTful and SOAP-based web services
- 3+ years' experience operating in a VM/Cloud environment
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Automated Testing
- Solid understanding and working experience with Git branching and merging
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Working experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g., Sonar)
- Working experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Puppet & Chef
- Working knowledge of TDD and automation test scripts
- Prior success in deploying to production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and government organizations
- Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
- Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, Activiti / jBPM, jQuery, MuleSoft, Geb and Spock
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
- Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
- Experience with managing software in a DevOps environment, to include troubleshooting build pipeline issues and managing deployments/hardware in local, test, and production environments
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
- Master's Degree in a technical or business discipline
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top