Federal - Senior Firewall Engineer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
Seeking a Firewall Engineer with federal security experience to support a federal agency. This role will be responsible for providing O&M support for engineering, implementing, updating and overall system support for the security tools/systems used across the Enterprise. In addition, the candidate will support the review and analysis of various tools and systems currently on the market, and whether these would be appropriate for their Enterprise.
- Work directly with SOC function to monitor/manage security logs associated with the Cisco ASA554X devices including all modules.
- Manage security related controls/policies and IP Fragmentation settings across the enterprise: Enable IP Audit policies, and IV&V on all Firewall configurations
- Review and propose rule changes to the firewall to ensure operations
- Plan and conduct complex project studies; includes analyzing multiple data sources and publishing results to the team or to the technical user community
- Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of Cisco based data communications network and network security devices.
- Responsible for troubleshooting network and firewall problems, specifically Cisco ASA's.
- Monitor that the firewall and network system is adequately monitored to identify and solve data communication problems and user performance issues; this includes understanding chronic issues causing inefficiency in operation and seek resolution.
- Be a subject matter expert on network and firewall related issues
- Draft technical requirements, configuration management, and planning documentation
- Support the Security Impact Analysis (SIA) an analysis that is conducted by the security team to review the extent to which changes to the information system will affect the security state of the system.
- Participate in testing and planning of operational network segmentation
- Perform implementation of security and compliance-based use cases based on the NIST 800-53 Rev4 security controls.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top