Federal - Senior Audit Specialist
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
Performs as System Integrator (SI) Audit Lead and audit senior subject matter expert (SME) Program to deliver SI financial and operational audit support in accordance with paragraph 4.6.3 (Auditing) of the performance work statement (PWS). Work scope includes developing, maintaining and executing the SI audit plans to conduct continuous examination of client records and documents to determine adequacy and effectiveness of operational controls and financial management controls; budgeting, accounting, financial, and related policies and procedures; compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, policies, and prescribed procedures; reliability, accuracy, and completeness of financial and administrative records and reports; and the extent to which funds and other resources are properly protected and effectively used. Auditing activities the NIPRNet and SIPRNet, as appropriate. Participates or leads internal SI collaboration forums and project teams. Prepares and edits Program documentation. Manages the SI Audit Team.
The Senior Audit Specialist – Audit Lead for this position leads the SI Audit Team to deliver audit capability and provides internal SI to include preparing associated Program documentation, with application to the NIPRNet and SIPRNet, as appropriate.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads the SI Audit Team.
- Manages the implementation and validation of Financial Auditing/Audit Readiness (PWS Task 126.96.36.199) to ensure is compliant with the Finance and Accounting Enterprise Standards.
Develops and maintains the Financial Audit Readiness Plan. The Plan scope includes but is not limited to the following:
- Identify COTS Delivered Auditing Functionality that will be used; Identify Financial Audit Reports that will be used; Material Weakness Identification and Remediation Strategy; Identification of non-compliant data sources; Risk Identification and Mitigation; Business Process Improvement Readiness Strategy; Financial Audit Readiness to design traceability.
- Ensures the design, build/configuration, testing, comply with the requirements and guidance directed by the following organizations and policies: Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book), Human Resources Management (HRM) Enterprise Standards, Common Human Resources Information Standard (CHRIS), International Standards Organization (ISO), Financial Improvement And Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance, Federal Financial Management Improvement Act (FFMIA), Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA), Standard Financial Information Structure (SFIS).
- Develops and delivers Financial Audit Reports.
- Manages the implementation and validation of Operational Auditing (PWS Task 188.8.131.52 to ensure compliant with all audit requirements and regulations.
- Develops and maintains the Operational Audit Plan. The Operational Audit Plan shall address all activities and data managed, stored or acted upon which impact the operation of the system. The Operational Audit Plan scope includes but is not limited to:
- Auditing Roles and Responsibilities; COTS Delivered Auditing Functionality; Database Level Auditing; Application/System Security Auditing; Security Audit Reporting; Audit Sampling Strategy and Reporting; HR Business Transaction Auditing; Web Services Auditing; Internal Compliancy Business Rules/Compliancy; Fraud Detection/Preemptive Strategy; Forensic Strategy; Incident and Response Strategy; Remediation Strategy; Audit Metrics Strategy; Physical Audit Strategy.
- Ensures the design, build/configuration, testing, and maintenance of Operational Auditing comply with the following requirements and guidance: General Accountability Office Federal.
- Information Systems Control Audit Manual (FISCAM); Business Enterprise Architecture (BEA); AR 25-1 and AR 25-2; Directives 5000 and 8000 series; NIST SP 800 series; and STIGs.
- Implements the Oracle Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) applications (to include design, development, testing, and maintenance) where applicable in controlling and implementing audit capabilities, audit compliances, and audit readiness solution.
- Maintains currency in understanding of operational and financial audit policies, and procedures. Identifies emerging relevant technologies, and relevant policies and procedures that may result in improvements to current processes and systems solutions.
- Collaborates with customers to gather information, define complex work problems, and design system solutions and procedures to resolve problems and deliver required capabilities. Manages the SI Audit Team to:
- Participate in functional analysis to document complex process steps, tasks and their inter-relationships with regards to operational and managerial controls. This includes Fit-Gap/Blue-Printing analysis and demonstrations, course of action (COA) analysis, and development and review of associated Program documentation.
- Participate in design and development of audit oriented functional and technical solutions, and development and review of functional and technical documentation to provide audit oriented SME input and review.
- Participate in all SDLC levels of testing to provide audit oriented SME validation and recommendations for corrections or improvement.
- Develops and delivers oral presentations, and explains the most complex material in a clear fashion.
- Provides effective direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Reviews the work of others to detect errors or needed modifications.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top