Federal - Senior ABAP/RICE Developer
- Harrisburg, PA
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
As a Federal - Senior ABAP/RICE Developer, you will be responsible for the technical design, coding and unit testing of the SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Business Warehouse (BW) reporting, and is involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP modules and those that interface with other applications. The Senior ABAP/RICE Developer has a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Teams. The role reports to their Accenture Supervisor and Client Service Team Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyze, design, code and test within emerging SAP technologies such as Suite on HANA, S/4 HANA, front-end Fiori Design/SAP UI5, SAP NetWeaver Gateway/OData, Personas, and associated technical tooling
- D eliver within a Waterfall Delivery Methodology and acquire understanding of Agile methodology
- Perform maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP components and those that interface with other applications
- Analyze, design, code, configure and test components of SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Business Warehouse (BW) reporting
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partners on and across their assigned Sustainment Support Team
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in Accenture Methodologies
- Analyze, design, code and test break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP ECC, SRM, or SCM BW objects
- Develop technical system specifications and design SAP code to technical programming standards for break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules
- Provide secondary support toward installation of application releases into production as directed
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews /walkthroughs
- Create operational documentation for the SAP applications
- Meet service commitments for assigned deliverables and proactively providing work status
- Develop industry knowledge and associated skills
- Coordinate work across all Sustainment Support Teams
- Organize and prepare work effectively to facilitate proactive resolution of problems
- Provide input to assist in determining level of work effort for assigned activities
- Assist Accenture Supervisor and Client Service Team Manager in monitoring budget by providing estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve issues and risks affecting the applications
- Participate in pager/on-call support during off-hours/weekends/holidays
- US Citizen (no dual citizenship)
- Bachelor of Science (BS) OR Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree OR an additional 4 years of relevant SAP experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years of SAP ABAP development
- Minimum of 3 year experience with MS Office Suite
- Must be local to Mechanicsburg, PA area or willing to travel at least 50% of the time
- US Federal Government IT experience
- Exposure to Systems Lifecycle Methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Prior IT Production Support experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Prior experience with Enterprise Warehouse Management Standard Fiori or S/4 solutions
- Extensive SAP ABAP development experience in one or more of the following SAP modules:
- Funds Management (FM)
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Controlling (CO)
- Asset Management (AM)
- Project Management (PS)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Inventory Management (IM) (highly preferred)
- Warehouse Management (WM) (highly preferred)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Time and Attendance (TA)
- Workflow (WF)
- Business Warehouse (BW)
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top