Federal - Security Assessor ++
Defense Point Security, an Accenture Federal Services company, has immediate opportunities for a Security Assessor in Washington, DC .
- Use Federal Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes to research, verify and document information security controls in order for the "systems" to be accredited
- Communicate and enforce security policies, procedures and safeguards for all systems and staff, based upon NIST and/or DIACAP
- Analyze and advise on the risk and remediation of security issues based on reports from vulnerability assessment scanners, patch management tools, and emerging threat information
- Initiate, coordinate and track the patching and remediation of security weaknesses as they are discovered, via a "Plan of Actions and Milestones" (POAM)
- Report on security status and security incidents
- Ensure event logs are reviewed at least daily or weekly
- Conduct Security Authorization document reviews
- Create and compile Authorization packages to include: Designation Letters, Security Plans, Contingency Plans, SOPs
- Conduct meeting with Government leadership and briefing on the State of Security for the systems in their purview
- Create/maintain Work Break Down structures in MS Project for each System
- Ensure the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is continuously updated
- Coordinate with the appropriate operational group to accurately update the System Design
- Document for each IT system
- Assist in maintaining all configurations, architecture, installed software, accounts, data flows, ports, protocols, and other relevant data for each IT System and capture in design documents in MS Visio
- Provide oversight and guidance regarding requests to modify technical policies such as firewall rules, ports, protocols, etc. for each IT system
- Work with auditors to identify Key Controls which must be assessed on a recurring annual basis
+ Basic qualifications
- BA/BS or higher preferred, in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines
- 10 years experience in IT security, including Certification and Accreditation and/or IT security risk analysis/advice, preferably in support of the Federal government
- CISSP and PMP preferred or required within the first 6 months
- Knowledge of Federal government C&A practices and policies, particularly ICS 503, FISMA, NISP SP 800-53, and DHS 4300
- Experience with information assurance tools preferred
- Experience vulnerability assessment scanning tools and reporting
- Previous Department of Homeland Security experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Ongoing Authorization with in the NIST Framework
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top