Federal - Sales Manager ++
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
The Sales Representative works with existing AFS account teams to originate and close wedge deals within the Government Services Sector of our Civilian Portfolio .
Wedge deals are smaller than traditional competitive deals. Sales Representatives will focus on closing smaller, strategic deals within a specific territory or account that can grow into future larger-scale competitive deals or on-contract-growth opportunities by doing the following:
- Generate demand for opportunities without a formal RFP
- Build client relationships to uncover previously unknown opportunities
- Drive new or expanded work to existing contracts
- Cold call / pursue opportunities in white space
- Familiarizing client executives with AFS capabilities
- Build relationships with key partners that may have vehicles for use on the smaller wedge opportunities
Sales Representative will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure wedge deals reflect the priorities of the overall portfolio sales strategy
- Pipeline management of wedge sales, including identifying the corresponding future opportunity supported by the wedge sale
- With guidance from the Client Account Leads, Understand account power map and key client relationships
- Maintain an integrated call plan, with guidance from the Client Account Leads and Portfolio Sales Lead, to build a strong understanding of the relationships between wedge and non-wedge opportunities, especially when selling into an organization with current work or active opportunity pursuits
- Set-up and participate in client sales calls, bringing in Accenture specialists as necessary, bringing collateral and topics for discussion
- Contract vehicle determination and use
- Coordinate with Client Account Leads and Business Development Directors for assigned clients.
- Report to the Portfolio Sales Lead or Family Sales Lead as relevant
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 5 years + solutions sales experience with the Federal Government
- Successful track record with measured results
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Commission driven
- Ability to work independently and be accountable for a given territory, along with sales/pipeline growth goals for select accounts
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top