Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, helping our federal clients tackle their toughest challenges while unleashing their fullest potential...and then some. What makes our approach so unique Operating from the nation's capital, we bring together commercial innovation and leading-edge technologies to deliver an integrated and interactive experience that far exceeds expectations. How Our passion meets purpose! Through our diverse culture and inclusive thinking, we embrace our employees' ideas taking them from concept to practical solutions. Not to mention, we sleep well at night knowing our work directly impacts and improves the way the world works. We keep our tech smarts sharp by providing abundant training and certification opportunities. Are you ready to learn and grow in a career, while making a difference
The Purchasing Control Office (PCO) Lead Reports to the AFS Managing Director for Subcontract Management and Procurement, and is responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and monitoring a compliant purchasing system that meets the Federal Government requirements.
- The ever readiness of a compliant Purchasing System that can withstand the scrutiny of Federal Government reviewers and auditors at a moment's notice.
- Providing expertise to Project Teams, and Subcontract Management and Procurement professionals on all aspects of pre-award and post-award subcontract management, procurement policy, and purchasing system compliance matters.
- Using standardized processes and business tools to provide proactive assistance to the Buying Teams to blend top-quality customer service while maintaining a compliant acquisition of products and services for diverse AFS programs that serve defense and civilian federal clients.
- Ensuring strict adherence to all AFS Procurement Policies and Procedures and federal regulations throughout SM&P by creating, implementing, and monitoring quality controls to withstand the quarterly AFS Internal Controls Testing, biennial AFS Internal Audit, all audits by the Federal Government
- Further, as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Purchasing System compliance, the PCO Lead plays a pivotal role in ensuring AFS's direct procurement operations' compliance with the everchanging federal regulatory environment by proactively working with AFS Legal, and AFS External Monitoring teams; and makes appropriate timely updates to the AFS Purchasing Manual and SM&P Training.
- Leading the team that reviews/approves all direct dollar procurements, in support of AFS Programs, for satisfaction of compliance with AFS policies and Federal regulations.
- Assisting/guiding the Buyers in collecting and maintaining subcontract/purchasing support documentation by providing training, on-the-job coaching, templates, and other ad-hoc tools.
- Serving as the point of contact for all purchasing system compliance matters for interaction with internal teams such as Legal, Accounting, Finance, and Contract Management.
- Delivering a robust and comprehensive annual procurement compliance training on many complex topics such as:
- Public Law Compliance
- Consent and Advance Notification
- Price Analysis
- Source Selection
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Representations and Certifications
- Foreign Subcontracting and Regulations
- Letter Subcontracts/Authorizations to Proceed
- Runs Mock-Reviews on an as-needed basis with or without a Consultant's support, implements corrective action measures proactively, and
- Establishes procurement compliance for AFS Subsidiaries; provides real-time assistance in all procurement compliance matters; and assists them in responding to Internal Control questions and Federal Government Purchasing System Surveillance responses
- Leads the PCO Team by setting standards of performance, evaluates, and coaches to drive excellence.
- Serves as a key escalation point within SM&P for Buyers on procurement compliance and offers real-time guidance and coaching in creating compliance files prior to their award
Here Is What You Need:
- Bachelors Degree or 5 years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience in participation/lead role in Federal Government Contractor Purchasing System Reviews
- Knowledge of the Federal Government and other agency regulations.
- Experience in assessing mandatory flow-downs and general provisions for all types of contract vehicles.
- Experience in working with or responding to requests for information by the Federal Government
- Demonstrated experience of administering complex prime and subcontract types such as CPFF, CPAF, T&M, and IDIQ in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for other Business Systems such as Government Property, Estimating, and Accounting.
- Advanced Degree
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Prime Contract negotiation and administration experience.
- Working knowledge of Incurred Cost Submissions Indirect Rates, and Prime Solicitation Sections
- Working knowledge of Federal Grants; Contracts with Universities and Educational Institutions
- Must be proactive, energetic, enthusiastic, disciplined, organized, and detail oriented with commitment to delivering top-quality customer service while not compromising on regulatory and system compliance.
- Adept at managing multiple priorities in a fast paced and highly demanding corporate environment.
- Ability to push-back and speak to power when the situation demands
- US Citizenship Required
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.