Federal - Public Accounting and Reporting Specialist
- Arlington, VA
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, VA, San Antonio, TX, and St. Louis, MO . Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
A Public Accounting and Reporting Specialist who will support the AFS Accounting and Reporting function within the Controllership organization. You will be responsible for performing various general ledger and financial reporting activities, including preparation of month-end journal entries and related account reconciliations and analysis.
- Participate in monthly consolidated close and perform mid-month inter-company activities
- Prepare financial accounting deliverables provided to Accenture to support Accenture's externally filed financial statements
- Prepare AFS and its subsidiaries financial statements and provide MoM/QoQ variance analyses
- Serve as point of contact for any accounting issues/questions, including troubleshooting
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests and special project requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis and resolve any discrepancies with minimal supervision
- Execute internal controls to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, AFS policies, and Federal cost compliance rules
- Support internal and external audits
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
- Evaluate and recommend improvements in accounting procedures and processes
- Communicate with cross-functional teams within AFS and Accenture to perform operational accounting duties
- Identify and participate in opportunities to continuously improve training, methodologies, tools, and skills
Here's what you need:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 2 years of Public Accounting experience
- Experience in any of the following
- Auditing a Public Company
- Experience working in a corporate accounting department
- General Ledger
- Fixed Assets
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Index Match)
- Ability to work analytically in a problem-solving environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Government Contracting Experience
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint Sites
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to communicate with employees at all levels (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top