Federal - Procurement Manager
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA & Chantilly, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
As a Procurement Manager you will be responsible for managing direct reports and assigning purchasing and subcontract management responsibilities to associates. In this role you will also be responsible for managing the full suite of procurement and subcontract management duties for complex contracts of all types.
- Serve as Procurement portfolio lead, manage and supervise teams of 3-4 employees
- Work independently, with ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous programs
- Escalate potential risks and adverse business challenges to stakeholders when appropriate
- Responsible for CPSR compliance, risk mitigation, and problem resolution across a portfolio of programs and/or projects
- Interact with PMO, MDs, Legal, Compliance, and other SM&P personnel, as needed
- Attend meetings and training, as needed
- Provide guidance toward successful completion of priorities across a portfolio of programs
- Improve business processes and resolve erroneous data negatively impacting work flow and accurate metrics
- Proactively educate project team on various subcontract and compliance issues, and address difficult or complex subcontract actions and concerns using best industry practices
- Seek alternative sources when needed, and assist with identifying capable companies offering socio-economic attributes that contribute toward small business goals
- Support pre-award procurement and subcontracting activities, including negotiating NDAs and TAs, with proper balance of proposal and program success
- Apply knowledge of contracting types, such as T&M, FFP, CPFF, and various cost reimbursable and hybrid types
- Mentor others and may provide Career Counseling to subcontract management professionals
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 years of Procurement and Subcontracting experience in a Federal Government contracting environment
- 1 year of experience leading a team
- U.S. Citizenship
- CPSR experience required
- Additional experience in program management, supply chain management, contracts, compliance, financial, and/or legal
- Advanced degree and/or Certifications related to Supply Chain
- Experience with cloud and digital services
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top