Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Chantilly, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, VA, San Antonio, TX, and St. Louis, MO. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
A Network Security Manager who will work for the Information Security Strategy & Compliance Lead to ensure that the identification, test, and deployment of IT solutions incorporates appropriate security designs, priorities, and strategies. You will collaborate with various leads of the IT operations division and require an extensive knowledge of different technology teams within the company's IT and Technology Growth Platform, and Accenture Information Security to promote security engineering practices. You will lead a team in developing the security architecture and engineering functions, keeping on top of federal, regulatory, and client requirements related to cybersecurity, and integrating them into the IT and IS governance processes through the development of security standards and the planning for operationalizing compliance monitoring efforts.
- Participate in application and infrastructure projects to provide security-planning advice
- Coordinate with DevOps teams to advocate secure coding practices and escalate concerns
- Validate IT infrastructure and other architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risks, where applicable
- Determine baseline security configuration standards
- Work with the Compliance Operations Team to design and improve processes related to enforcing and monitoring IT security requirements and the access management functions
- Articulates security concerns related to the solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solutions
- Identifies security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls, including mapping to appropriate security control frameworks (NIST SP 800-171, 800-53, etc.)
- Review network architectures and drive security improvements based on industry best practices and the principles of least functionality and least privilege
- Support the Risk Management Team as necessary in conducting security assessments of existing and potential vendors
- Acts as the primary technical point of contact to IT teams seeking guidance on security practices and controls to support secure solution design
- Liaise with other security architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
- Track developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure they are adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts
Here's what you need:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 5 years hands-on experience with common, enterprise grade IT and Security technologies from major vendors (IBM, Cisco, Juniper, Symantec, Zscaler, Palo Alto, HP, Microsoft, Apple, etc.)
- 5 years experience of TCP/IP networking, network services/protocols (SSH, DHCP, DNS, HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, etc.) and network design principles
- 5 years experience in securing operating systems (e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows)
- 5 years experience securing Microsoft services (e.g. Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, Exchange, etc.)
- 5 years experience in one or more of the following: application security, security operations, incident response
- 5 years direct architectural experience
- Prior experience performing ongoing maintenance and operations of security technologies (e.g. management of firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, etc)
- Knowledge of US security requirements related to regulations/standards such as NIST SP 800-171, 800-53, RMF, ISO 27001, SOX, etc
- Experience using Agile within project or development teams
- Certifications: CISSP, CISSP-IASSP, CISM, SSCP, SANS GIAC (e.g. GCIA, GCIH, GPEN), CASP, CCNP Security
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.