Federal - Mid Java Developer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington D.C.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Our federal client's task order will consist of teams that will perform software development services on IT systems in Federal Data Centers and in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment, or other environments as specified by the government. This project will support data aggregation by taking customer data from disparate sources inside and outside of the project and consolidating that information into a "golden identity record" for a benefits customer. Our client's Agile DevSecOps development teams will create an increased Alien Number validation capability for the client, which is expected to reduce the overall manual validation process. The project teams will support the development of new functionality encompassing enhanced support of records, system services and identities. Examples of capabilities provided by this project such as optimized identity resolution and management, data storage and retrieval, and microservice development will be provided in such a manner that they can be used by systems across this client to support a wide variety of critical missions.
What you will be doing?
- Work with product teams and product owners to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process.
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Gradle, Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance.
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock and Selenium
+ Basic qualifications
What skills you need to have?
- 1 year experience working in an agile environment
- 2 years experience with Spring Boot, RESTful services
- 3 years experience using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
- 1 year of database experience with Oracle and Hibernate
- Must have knowledge of TDD and automation testing
- Must have working experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g., Sonar)
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related field
- Understanding and working experience with Git branching and merging
- Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
- Working experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Puppet & Chef
- Prior success in deploying to production
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and government organizations
- Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
- Experience with other open-source components a plus, including Gradle, jQuery, AWS
- Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit, Cucumber
- Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment.
- Candidate should have ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
Nahomie L.Consulting Manager
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top