Federal - Media and Analyst Relations
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
Senior Manager, Media & Analyst Relations, Accenture Federal Services (AFS), directs the development, implementation and coordination of all media and analyst relations focused on the U.S. federal market. Responsible for developing media and analyst relations strategies and communications plans with the goal of establishing and maintaining favorable perceptions of the Company with investors, potential/current clients, government officials, employees, stakeholders and the public.
Ideal candidate has strong U.S. federal government background, including familiarity with trade media and industry analysts covering the federal market, familiarity with influential channels in and around the Washington D.C. metro beltway, established relationships with key reporters and analysts, as well as a thorough understanding of the issues and sensitivities associated with working with the federal government. Candidate must be a strong writer, strategic thinker and articulate spokesperson.
Position reports to AFS' marketing lead and works in close partnership with AFS leadership and senior business executives, Marketing, Government Relations, Issues Management, Legal, Digital and Internal Communications teammates and colleagues. Job also requires working closely with client communications professionals, strategic partners, third-party influencers/organizations and public relations agency.
- Direct and manage the development of strategic media and analyst relations and communications plans and programs to support business objectives.
- Plan and manage media and analyst outreach that enhances the brand and reputation of Accenture, Accenture Health and Public Service, and Accenture Federal Services.
- Work closely with Issues Management team to anticipate, identity and mitigate any negative media coverage; develop contingency/scenario plans, standby statements and Q&A to use reactively with media.
- Proactively support marketing campaigns with integrated media outreach.
- Draft contract win announcements and success stories to support new business wins and brand positioning.
- Coordinate closely with engagement teams and other relevant partners to identify and develop appropriate content and tactics to ensure effective execution of communications objectives.
- Draft/edit communications materials to positively position AFS in the federal marketplace.
- Foster strategic relationships with -- and serve as a key contact for – national, local, regional and trade media and industry analysts.
- Plan, direct, manage and participate in interviews, editorial meetings and media events.
- Develop interview strategies, talking points and background materials for media briefings; prepare/coach spokespeople for interviews.
- Develop message platforms and manage event/speaking opportunities as part of executive position strategies.
- Draft and place bylined articles promoting the expertise of AFS executives.
- Target key industry analysts to increase favorable AFS rankings and coverage; gather and package information for analysts and complete surveys as requested and proactively arrange briefings.
- Integrate local media relations plans and activities with other local image and marketing programs.
- Coordinate with digital teams to leverage social media to amplify awareness.
- Monitor media and industry rankings and gather and submit required information to ensure best positioning.
- Manage daily media monitoring and reporting.
- Develop, monitor, collect and evaluate metrics used to assess effectiveness of media and analyst relations programs or initiatives.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top