Federal - Jr. Information System Security Officer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Chantilly or Arlington, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The Jr. ISSO will play a key role in Accenture's Client Data Protection (CDP) program in order to reduce information security risk to the business. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating processes and procedures for compliance against a variety of controls based on NIST, ISO, etc; tracking and managing compliance status, and serving as a knowledgeable security resource for questions and providing recommendations.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Review implementation of security controls and evaluate effectiveness, make recommendations for improvements
- Provide subject matter expertise to business partners on requirements for new and existing practices and controls. Leverage subject matter knowledge to analyze issues/risks
- Support project development of data protection plans, providing advice and monitoring progress
- Support proactive identification of risk; escalating and providing recommended mitigations of issues and concerns
- Support implementation of new security controls based on additional business or government requirements
- Coordinate and conduct Security Education Training and Briefings to portfolio employees as well as those who maintain a security clearance
- Conduct physical, personnel security, and incident handling
- Communicate and enforce IC, DoD and Federal IA and Information Security policies, standards and guidelines
- Administer an effective industrial security protocol that assures compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual requirements, Special Security Agreements and other applicable security requirements
- Assist in developing and promulgating Security Assessment Plans.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures
- Assist in developing security measures and procedures necessary for implementing Government Requirements and insure compliance with all security requirements for Classified and Unclassified contracts
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Clearly understand contract terms and conditions related to security requirements and contribute to contract execution support related to security
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top