Federal - Java Development Specialist
- San Antonio, TX
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Java Development Specialist is involved hands on in designing, coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements. He/she applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications. The Java Development Specialist has the ability and desire to work across relevant Custom technologies. Technologies include (not exhaustive):
- Open Source Frameworks
- Content Management Systems
- Configuration Management
- 4-year Technical Bachelor's Degree OR 2-year degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in Java or other equivalent Object Oriented programming language (ie. Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, .net)
- 3+ years professional experience working hands-on OOP design
- US Citizenship required
- 1+ year of team lead experience of a project delivery team
- Development experience utilizing web-based applications such as J2EE, JDK, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, and HTML
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realize value
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that facilitates high performance and motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to complete task on set budgetary parameters and targets
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top