Federal - Java Developer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Chantilly, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The developer is responsible for participating in the full agile application development life cycle for new development design, construction and testing of Java applications, Web Services (SOAP and REST), and reusable components to support overall project objectives. The Java Developer will also participate in peer reviews and unit testing, and must be adaptable to different responsibilities, possess strong communications skills, and have a passion for constantly improving the individual and team effectiveness.
- Develop J2EE application that are aligned with the overall architectural approach and platform being used by the team(s)
- Familiar with agile incremental delivery approach which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested J2EE application component delivery every 2 weeks
- Familiarity with J2EE/Java Frameworks, programming experience and overall Java development techniques to perform daily Java development, automated unit testing, and troubleshooting responsibilities
- Adheres to, promotes, and helps maintain development standards and best practices; participates in regular code reviews
- Assist development/test teams in activities with acceptance testing, load testing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning as required
- Strong team player with good communication skills demonstrating the ability to work well with developers, QA team members and management to support all areas of the agile SDLC approach
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements in personal and team processes
- Contributes to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization; contributes to acceptance/functional testing duties and part of incremental feature development
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top