Federal - Information System Security Engineer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington D.C.
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most. Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The ISSE will be responsible for:
- Providing security engineering input to programs throughout the lifecycle to ensure systems meet ICD-503 standards.
- Executing all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Handling incident response activities for the large organization, and coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Recognizing potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluating firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicating alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Assisting with the implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensuring the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Executing periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Preparing incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Providing guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities; may serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participating in special projects as required
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, required.
- 10 years of related security work experience.
- 3 years of experience working with ICD-503 standards.
- 3 years of experience in one of the following areas:
- cloud architecture, services, migration and security (AWS-C2S, Azure).
- Cross-domain solution engineering and security experience.
- Mobile security
- Must possess current DoD 8570 IAT III certification (CASP CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GICSP, or GCIH).
- Must possess AWS Certification.
- US Citizenship required.
- SAP (Special Access Programs) security management.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top