Federal - Hybrid Cloud Architect
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Springfield, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Cloud Architect will have 10 years of experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. The Cloud Architect will help architect and design the hybrid cloud architecture, identify and solve scale challenges, and drive adoption of cloud technologies.
- Architect VWWare Based & Amazon Hybrid-Cloud infrastructure for development, test, and production environments supporting the Application Portfolio
- Design and implement Backup, Security and Disaster Recovery strategies
- Evaluate current cloud infrastructure and recommend improvements to security, scalability, and cost
- Represent technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and make timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Identify and develop process improvements and efficiencies
- Working as part of a cross-functional team to implement best-of-breed cloud architectures & solutions
+ Basic qualifications
- Over 10 years of experience and both a B.S. and M.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
- AWS Certified Architect
- 3 years experience architecting, designing, configuring, managing, and administering infrastructure within public and private cloud service providers
- 3 years of experience with VMWare
- 1 year experience documenting technical architectures using Microsoft Visio or equivalent tool.
- 3+ years experience with scripting automation tools such as Ansible, Terraforms, Puppet, PowerShell, or similar tools to automated virtual network functions (e.g. firewall, routers, gateways, etc.)
- VWWare Certified Architect
- Azure Certified Architect
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top