Federal - Financial Consultant
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness mission includes establishing and sustaining an audit ready posture, transitioning to an environment to sustain auditability, and achieving an audit support infrastructure. The Federal Financial Consultant will serve as a member of a large project team and will support the client's financial improvement and audit compliance goals through a variety of work streams. The team member will be required to possess and/or build a working knowledge of financial management and logistics business processes to support our client in achieving financially sound, improved business processes.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Researching existing organization financial procedures, identifying risk areas, and recommending internal control actions to mitigate the risk
- Compiling business process documentation and preparing client presentations
- Maintaining reporting dashboards and spreadsheets
- Drafting or revising position papers to recommend solutions or improved processes
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Communications, Data Analytics, or related business field
- 2 years' experience in one or more of the following fields: financial analysis, data analysis, audit readiness, audit, accounting, management consulting, DoD asset management, or federal financial reporting
- Minimum 1 year experience with FIAR (Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness)
- US Citizenship Required
- CPA preferred
- Experience in a client facing role
- Federal client experience
- Self-driven, willingness to learn, and able to develop relationships with client personnel
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Strong understanding of basic business processes, and accounting principles and terminology
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top