Federal - Finance Contract Closeout Analyst
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
H&PS-Cross Industry professionals develop and deliver business solutions across all H&PS industries. A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Resource will join a cross-function team responsible for contract close-outs.
- Resource will be focused on the subcontractor close-out and/or prime contract effort
- Learn legacy and current financial systems, SAP and Costpoint
- Resource will work with contract documents and modifications to tie out contract award and funding totals back to financial system
- Work with Microsoft Excel to complete financial reconciliation and ability to research legacy financial documents across multiple SharePoints
- Meet deliverable deadlines and monthly quotas related to contract closeouts
- Learn Accenture Federal Services closeout policies and procedures
- Process federal contract invoices (Costpoint Deltek a plus)
- Resource will work with multiple teams and stakeholders across the AFS organization
- Develop knowledge on business stakeholders and functional processes related to contract closeout
- Ensure quality and integrity of financial data related to contract closeout:
- Resource will perform data reconciliations to ensure final financial packets comply with federal closeout requirements and internal AFS policies and procedures.
- Resource will develop advanced analytical and excel skills to perform comprehensive financial analysis for de-obligation requests, interim final vouchers, and final closeouts
- Resource will be responsible for complying with document retention policies
+ Basic qualifications
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in finance, accounting or other comparable business major (3.0 GPA)
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Experience processing federal contract invoices
- Experience in contract closeout
- Experience in project finance role or corporate finance role
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top